Hartshorne, Clayton or Chimney Rock?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Did anyone ride at any of these today? I'm tired of riding slowly on the road. I figure tomorrow I'll ride even slower in the woods.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Rode Hartshorne on Sunday. Place is ridable, for the most part. Some blow downs that are unridable and mud in the two areas that tend to be muddiest, though today's weather probably took care of that.

Rode Allaire today and it was like being in Garden of Eden. Place is in terrific shape. Don't know when you were there last, Gary, but that would be my recommendation.

Let me know when we can do an afternoon at Chimney Rock, once it dries up enough.

ArmyOfNone

I cant wait to ride a place w/ rocks. Hopefully chimney rock will be available. But i havent been to allaire in some time...whatever i just wanna ride bikes!

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Rode Hartshorne on Sunday. Place is ridable, for the most part. Some blow downs that are unridable and mud in the two areas that tend to be muddiest, though today's weather probably took care of that.

Rode Allaire today and it was like being in Garden of Eden. Place is in terrific shape. Don't know when you were there last, Gary, but that would be my recommendation.

Let me know when we can do an afternoon at Chimney Rock, once it dries up enough.

Haven't been to Allaire since Wally's races in the early 90's. I'll ride with you at CR once I can climb at more than 3mph. :drooling:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Haven't been to Allaire since Wally's races in the early 90's.
You gotta check it out, then. There are loads of great trails that have been cut in recent years, and a lot of care has been going into the place by the TM crew. It's a perfect place for you to go and spin as well.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
If you want a tour of Allaire just ask, its world different from those days

PedalPaddles

TRAIL MAINTENANCE AT HARTSHORNE THIS SATURDAY 3/31 9am TO 12.

For information on how to become a Monmouth County Park System Trail Volunteer, please contact the Volunteer Office at
732-842-4000 ext. 4283 or volunteer@monmouthcountyparks.com

PedalPaddles

O.K. so I didn't make it to trail maintenance at Hartshorne last weekend. I raced at Branch Brook instead.

I saw some of the work done on the switchback and really have to wonder if it was designed properly. Can somebody that was there let me know who was in charge of the design?

Frank

Sasquatch
trail design

I saw some of the work done on the switchback and really have to wonder if it was designed properly. Can somebody that was there let me know who was in charge of the design?

Monmouth County Park System employees. I worked a different section and saw the switchback after it was cut.

PedalPaddles

What did you think of the switchback?

By the way, good job clearing the other trail of those enormous trees.

Thanks

Top Bottom