Hartshorne...6/8/08...

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Where? Hartshorne.
When? 8am in the lower lot
What? 3 laps of the "big loop"
Pace? What do you think;)?

Hint, ride should take about 2 1/2 hours, Expert pace, I need to be at work in Stirling by noon...Not sure? Jump in for a loop, or part of a loop, it will be fun I promise:D

-Jim.

PS-There is NO stopping except between laps to get fresh bottles...

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
What a great idea!

Where? Hartshorne.
When? 8am in the lower lot
What? 3 laps of the "big loop"
Pace? What do you think;)?

Hint, ride should take about 2 1/2 hours, Expert pace, I need to be at work in Stirling by noon...Not sure? Jump in for a loop, or part of a loop, it will be fun I promise:D

-Jim.

PS-There is NO stopping except between laps to get fresh bottles...
I shit you not: I just laid out this exact same ride to Fred about 2 hours ago. Except I can't do it this Sunday.

ChrisG

How to get there by train from the city?
Red Bank is closest, about a 20 minute or so bike ride to the woods. I have a friend who lives on the upper East Side and rides the ferry to Atlantic Highlands, which is a 10 minute bike ride.

bobkennelly

its gonna be hot out..

I might be in for 2 laps at that pace, the 3rd lap you guys will be over heatin and lookin for a pool, I will be already in mine..gonna be 90 plus degrees on both days..

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think I'm going to join you guys for some fun. 2 laps may also be my limit trying to chase down you guys. Maybe i should go to bed now to rest up.

Steve Vai

Good!! Come on out!! The more hot, sweaty guys we have out the woods the better;) I've done almost 6 hours the last 2 days on the road so my legs will be tired anyhoo, I wouldn't worry about the pace...

-Jim.

RonzNd4Spd

I'm In!

I'm in...see u guys at 8:00 lower lot....1..2..or 3 I'll ride till I DROP!...:drooling:

I ride there almost EVERY day...today there was still a little mud around to be found but....still VERY fast!!!

Last edited:

ChrisG

I might be there around 9AM, if I can get to sleep within the next half an hour...

ChrisG

I might be there around 9AM, if I can get to sleep within the next half an hour...
Well, I slept about a half an hour later than I'd hoped and got there about 9:30AM. I saw the Vreeland-mobile in the lot, headed out for a full lap, but never saw you cats. How'd it go?

I did, however, make the acquaintance of RyGanley from the board here, so I was able to head out for another half lap with Ryan before lunch with my wifey beckoned. All in all, not a bad morning.

Steve Vai

I did a lap with Kirt and Bob, on lap #2 we ran into a running race that was going on so we made our way over to Huber instead...we kinda fumbled around over there because we don't know the trails too well...but we had us some fun:D

-Jim.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Sorry I missed this one but I am still kind of broken. Next time you go I will try to make it and show you all the rideable stuff over at Huber.(many log is the best aside from the stretch of trail between clay pit and the main parking lot.)

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Fun little ride today with the fellas. It was fast but Jim took it a little easy on me. Nice to hit Huber again, I've haven't been there in a few years. Did I mention it was fast! looking forward to the next 1. Missed ya ChrisG but glad you & your fresh legs didn't join us. ;) We'll catch up for a ride 1 day.

bobkennelly

Its too hot out..

Had a great ride with Jim And Kirt, warp speed, thanks again and hope to see the both of you soon. Sorry we did not meet up Chris, maybe next week..

Top Bottom