Hartshorn or Allair tomorrow - HEAPED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augieland

i just walked hartshorne and my duck boots messed it up, if you actually rode tody keep it to yourself, the lowertrails are like wam cookie dough (with a silly amount of leaves mixed in)

Mare

I walked around Clayton today and the trails were really hard packed. I suspect that will all change with the rain still coming down and it warming up tomorrow :(

Augieland

at this point hoping maybe huber late friday afternoon... or just back and forth on the hartshorne fire road a couple dozen times. it is just cruddy and looking to stay so

T

turbodude880

allair

after stopping by harthorn saw that it was too mudy and raining so I then proceeded to allair... just finished up a ride here no rain or snow a bit slimy but I got to ride 2.5hrs 45 50 degrees gonna hit it agin friday or sat

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Rode past the hospital rd lot today on my road bike and was stoked to see just a few cars in the lot with bike racks. The trails had some deep frozen ruts in them the last few days, today had to be a mess. Saw one dude leaving the lot with 2 bikes on the roof thatlooked completely covered in mud.

The road was awesome, great weather for a ride. I got lost enough that I had to call in tech support (the wife) for directions home, classic Ken.

T

turbodude880

I think I saw you today I remember seeing that car leave with the 2 bikes on top. I saw a guy on a road bike looking in at the cars in the lot as if he would rather have been on the trail. I was in the yellow pick up

dualfisted

u F'd up!!!!!!!

after stopping by harthorn saw that it was too mudy and raining so I then proceeded to allair... just finished up a ride here no rain or snow a bit slimy but I got to ride 2.5hrs 45 50 degrees gonna hit it agin friday or sat

All u did today was damage the trails!!!! Several people recommended you NOT ride there today. I understand you're a newb and excited to ride and that's awesome, however, please take some time to learn about WHY you should've stayed off the trails today, and should you still not figure it out please don't post up here about how you went out and damaged the trails that other people have built and maintained for years. I'm not trying to be a jerk, come on out for a nice dry or frozen 501 Crew ride @ Allaire, you'll meet some really nice peeps. But please "dial in" your mtb ethics!!!

T

turbodude880

There were about 15 riders 2 of them jobra riders, it was not a bad day to ride the trail, they were still packed. When I was pulling out there were still folks unloading allthough I was temped to stay out I must admit my legs were smoked. chasing down single speeds must have done it. After 12yrs im happy to still be stoked to ride. you are more than welcome to come up to ringwood in any weather, we try to ride all year studs or not lol

happy hollidays

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Turbo glad you had a good ride. I am sure the trails werent that bad...just come out for a TM sesh this summer for some karma :D

I def rode past the lot wishing I was trail riding

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
With a couple of BoB trailers each holding 4 tools or so. We can have fast moving crews run to the far side, and get in more digging.

Last edited:

dualfisted

i'm so over this thread....

There were about 15 riders 2 of them jobra riders, it was not a bad day to ride the trail, they were still packed. When I was pulling out there were still folks unloading allthough I was temped to stay out I must admit my legs were smoked. chasing down single speeds must have done it. After 12yrs im happy to still be stoked to ride. you are more than welcome to come up to ringwood in any weather, we try to ride all year studs or not lol

happy hollidays

Done explaining

Last edited:

dualfisted

not angry, i'm learning

I'm learning that some people can ride for 12 years and never learn a thing about what goes into acquiring, building or maintaining trails, so much so that they ride in "any weather" without regard to the trails or the people who work hard to put them there or maintain them. I also learned that some people who come on this site are willing to have their very first post on mtbnj.com be intentionally antogonistic without any knowledge whatsoever of what they're talking about or who they are talking to. I guess I was overdue for a taste of true douchebaggery. Is this thread garbage heap-able yet?

xc62701

I'm assuming hartshorne will still be too wet to ride? I NEEEEEED to get outside! It'll either be a mtb or a fixie or a hiking day tomorrow. I'm getting waaaaay too fat eating all this good crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom