Hartschorn?

I was out in Allaire yesterday, have never experienced as much ice there. It was comical in places. I fell once but had my rear tire even with the front at least 5 times drift style. Reminded me of the 3 point "jkmacman" turn. By late afternoon it was starting to melt which made for additional comedy. I mostly chilled by the road pit after a recon mission to the river.

When it all melts on Sunday I will be near the park, but only riding past it on 25c tires headed for Freehold and points west.

On a side note, yesterday I had the distinct pleasure of zipping my junk with my troy lee pants while down by the river. Luckily it was on the "down stroke" of the zipper. It wasnt "something about mary" bad, but by far among the harshest pain out there. I hope no one was deer hunting, because I am sure my scream scared all deer in a 20 mile radius.

I was out in Allaire yesterday, have never experienced as much ice there. It was comical in places. I fell once but had my rear tire even with the front at least 5 times drift style. Reminded me of the 3 point "jkmacman" turn. By late afternoon it was starting to melt which made for additional comedy. I mostly chilled by the road pit after a recon mission to the river.

When it all melts on Sunday I will be near the park, but only riding past it on 25c tires headed for Freehold and points west.

On a side note, yesterday I had the distinct pleasure of zipping my junk with my troy lee pants while down by the river. Luckily it was on the "down stroke" of the zipper. It wasnt "something about mary" bad, but by far among the harshest pain out there. I hope no one was deer hunting, because I am sure my scream scared all deer in a 20 mile radius.

I was at Allaire yesterday and it was the worst I have ever seen as well. Brakes didn't help. Sorry to hear about the mishap, sounds friggin painful.

damn guys!!!!

sit at home and play atari
smoke my herb like rastifari

I think I may just cry (sob sob)!!!! To hear a Murphy's Law song quote spring up like that...... Jus does my heart good!
I can say that in the 1988/89 time frame, I had the distinct pleasure of seeing them live @ the Fastlane's in Asbury when "Back With a Bong" was released. I got to "smoke" on stage with Jimmy Gestapo, jus prior to a front twisting flip stage dive into the pit. Good times! Good quote peeps!!!

Conditions at Hartshorne

I rode there BOTH today and Friday...It is VERY ICY....but it was VERY challenging and all in all VERY FUN...I can only say it's a GREAT feeling to try and learn how to master balance speed and climbing skills on ice...I would also like to say that I DO NOT have studs!... and I will again be there tomorrow Feb. 1st.... it's a sloooooooooooow pace and once again VERY challenging...but man it is soooooooo kool to be able to learn, and conquer!
Ron :)

Anyone with cabin fever...take a little road trip to Rays. A weekend at that place will do you right. Ride from 9 am til 10 pm. Indoors. Its way better than any road ride on an icy NJ roadside in the cold for sure.

I'm trying to get out there at some point in Feb or Mar.

Outdoor ice hockey 2x/week and heading to Stowe next week to keep my head sane and legs in some sort of shape. It's actually kind of nice to doing something a little different. I do miss riding a bike but I don't dig winter conditions that much.

Back
Top Bottom