HaroBikes: the new era!

THATmanMANNY

http://www.harobikes.com/mtb/
I read the blog that is on the frontpage Haro bikes website from time to time. They have interesting write ups. The newest is about 650B! I'm not too hot about the sonix 650B frame but an all mtn 650b is what I am looking for. C'mon bike manufacturers! Get on it! :getsome:

J-Dro

It looks like a Specialized FSR circa 1997.

P1010011.JPG

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Haro should just make BMX bikes.

It's what they're good at. Full-suspension, not so much. They only happened to stumble upon the Mary SS because it's like a big BMX bike.

-Jim.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
It's what they're good at. Full-suspension, not so much. They only happened to stumble upon the Mary SS because it's like a big BMX bike.

-Jim.

Jim isn't too far off the mark here. I thank Haro for bringing 29er to the masses.

They are willing to take some chances that most mainstream bike companies won't.

These guys are in Vista Cali which means that they live on another planet.

I barely ever goes below 70 degrees and there are like no trees.

They ride a lot and they even surf.

As for the 650 b dualie.. I would like a ride one it but man does it ever look like a HS metal shop project.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
They weren't selling many of those with 26 inch wheels, so I doubt they'll sell *less* with 650b. Maybe 650b will be the gimmick that actually moves some fullies for them... but I doubt it.

BiknBen

It looks like a Trek Y-Foil made with aluminum tubes instead of carbon.

The only reason the 650b movement is going anywhere is because many 26" frames already have enough room for them. There is no need for this. If you want big wheels, use 29". If it doesn't work for you, stay with 26". 650b and 69ers are just silly experiments.

THATmanMANNY

Just to be clear... I'm not saying that this haro bike is the new era. I'm saying haro is ushering the new 650b era and I'm glad to see they are experimenting with the dualie 650b and I'm looking forward to testing the HT 650b's they have now. I'm looking forward to what the manufacturers will soon have to offer in 650b. I've been hunting for a dualie 26" that will allow me to fit 650b but to no success :rolleyes:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Ok Manny Look here:

http://650bpalace.blogspot.com/

This is this guy's list of 650 b bikes:

Azonic Revenge

Bianchi SASS
Bianchi Oetzi Carbon 2009 (only quasi-moto)

BMC Team Elite 02, (2.1" and smaller)

Cannondale Prophet (2007+ checked)
Cannondale taurine
Cannondale F3

Carver 96er

Gary Fisher Fat Possum
Gary Fisher Tass.

Gunnar Ruffian (older with horizontal dropouts)

Haro Sonix LT
Haro Xeon
Haro Sonix VL120,(original Rear triangle) fits the Quasi Moto

Ibex Atlas

Ibis Mojo (2.1" and smaller recommended)

K2 Factory
K2 Apache 6.0

Kona Unit (with sliders)
KONA Coiler Series, (2007)
Kona

Marin Rift Zone
Marin Wolf Ridge 05/06

Mountain Cycle fury

Novarra Method

Surly 1x1, no confirmation but I'm sure the Pugsley would work too.

Salsa Ala Carte

Schwinn 01 Homegrown Ltd

Scott Spark 30

Sinister Ridge
Sinister Splinter FS

Specialized Enduro Elite (checked on 2007 model)
Specialized Myka
Specialized Carbon Epic, 2008
Specialized S-Works Carbon HT

Spooky Darkside

Soul Cycles Titan
Soul Cycles Icon
Soul Cycles Hooligan G2

Soma Groove (2.1" and smaller recommended)

Santa Cruz Chameleon, horizontal dropouts (2.1" and smaller recommended)
Santa Cruz Heckler
Santa Cruz Bullet
Santa Cruz BLT2

Trek 930/950/970 1999 fit the QUASI-MOTO

Ventana El Chamuco
VooDoo Bokor (newer with sliders)
VooDoo Wanga (newer with sliders)
VooDoo Sobo (2.1" and smaller tire recommended)

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
That's the irony of 650b- it's basically the same as running a bigger 26er tire, except you're adding the weight in rim and spokes instead of tire rubber and volume.

How significant can it be if you can run the wheels in many 26er frames?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I don't get why 29er guys, the same people who have benefited from broader vision and experimentation, are so quick to put down 650b (and 69ers). For short guys like me, 650b is a killer concept -- being able to get some of the benefits of larger wheels without whacky geo or giant tires.

Viva la difference.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I don't get why 29er guys, the same people who have benefited from broader vision and experimentation, are so quick to put down 650b (and 69ers). For short guys like me, 650b is a killer concept -- being able to get some of the benefits of larger wheels without whacky geo or giant tires.

Viva la difference.

i'm not putting it down but jamie makes a very valid point. when i was running fat alberts on my fuel, it was pretty damn close to the 650 realm. that's not to say i wouldn't want to try one since i too suffer from a lack of tall.

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
I'm not against 650b in principle, but it's the execution that I question. I ride 26's too, and don't see the problem with them for many applications for a lot of people (unlike a number of 29er zealots). I've measured 26's with a diameter of 27.25, and 29er wheels with diameters of 28.5", so the functional difference is much smaller than the theoretical one. 650b splits an already borderline marginal difference.

Shorter folks shouldn't buy into the 29er hype either. You don't need bigger wheels to ride efficiently, ride technical terrain, and have fun. They're a different and fun experience if you're used to riding bikes and looking for something new, but they're a trade-off. Take my 30 lb XL "race" bike out for a spin and that trade-off will become abundantly clear to you. ;)

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
i'm not putting it down but jamie makes a very valid point. when i was running fat alberts on my fuel, it was pretty damn close to the 650 realm.

I'm not against 650b in principle, but it's the execution that I question. I ride 26's too, and don't see the problem with them for many applications for a lot of people (unlike a number of 29er zealots). I've measured 26's with a diameter of 27.25, and 29er wheels with diameters of 28.5", so the functional difference is much smaller than the theoretical one. 650b splits an already borderline marginal difference.

Comparing a 26er with 2.5 alberts to a 650b with small tires like a crossmark is kinda pointless. If you like fat tires, run fat tires no matter what the size. alberts on a 650b will be around 1.5" greater in diameter than alberts on a 26er. And if you can fit them on an existing 26er frame and fork without any modifications or harm to your geo, even better! I saw a sweet Nomad with a 650b front wheel (26 rear) and the guy was in heaven.

THATmanMANNY

Even if the wheel difference is 1/2" I feel like I can really benefit from it. Plus, I want to make my first build unqiue.
Yea I'm just waiting for the right dualie 26" frame/bike to pop up at the right price. Waiting patiently...

Viva la difference.
I didn't want to be the bad guy :D

Top Bottom