Hardest Hillclimb Ever Achieved (In NJ)

BAIN

I have only ever done it once from start to finish and have yet to find something to compare it with that is actually rideable.

Acropolis Trail (Stokes State Forest)

Don't even think about starting off your ride with this one, I did about 3miles to get my legs ready the day I actually got up this one. What a view to boot and what a ripper on the way down!

A close second would be the climb out of the single track bomb looking at Jefferson High School at Mahlon!

Wazu

Is this hill ultra techinical? Is it the steepness? Is it mainly the length that's hard? Gimmie some details please! Is it Single Speedable>? How do you get there from Rt 80?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
are you talking about snowbowl at mahlon, or one of the other climbs in the park? there are hills twice as big as any climb in mahlon in allamuchy, and nearly twice as big within a few miles of mahlon along berkshire valley rd.

but yeah, we need details.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
It's just a dead end fire road off 206. No more than 15 mins tops to ride.Many comparable climbs in other parks.........

Wazu

Allamuchy can certainly break ya. There's this one I love/hate up the Cardiac way (left at Mercedes cap and beyond). It's quite hard and gets harder, specially when the trail gets much looser and slightly steeper. Theres a tree with roots to the right that really pisses me off at the topish, and if I make it past that point, (1 out of 3 times) there is a 2 foot cliff like 10 yards past it to get up and onto a really huge single rock area. Anyone know where I mean>? Ah, forget it. I can't describe it but I really feel like I accomplished when I make it up. I'm back on my bike after a three month absence starting this weekend. I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT TO RIDE. I've lost 12 lbs. since then without riding, just eating healthy crap and suffering in order to become formidable this year. I hope its paid off.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i don't know how you could own/work in a sub shop and not get fat. when i worked at one in high school i ate so friggen much it wasn't funny.

Wazu

Sean, since we added Philly Cheese Steaks, Fries, Gyros, Burgers and Breakfast it hasn't been easy!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
where is ur sub shop?

Wazu...from the name I'm assuming the shop is "The Great Wazu"?

If I'm right, http://www.greatwazu.com/ will tell you where they're at.

Best subs I've had in Jersey...no lie. Used to drag folks there at least once a week until they closed my office...don't miss the office...miss the subs, though. It was also always fun to watch the "parade of talent" that comes through that place on a weekday at lunch time;)

Well deserved plug over :D

ArmyOfNone

i don't know how you could own/work in a sub shop and not get fat. when i worked at one in high school i ate so friggen much it wasn't funny.

I worked in a subshop for 5 years, i ate more food than my pay check could pay for. Lucky i ate for free. That may have been one of the best jobs i ever had. I was one mean sandwich dresser. :getsome:

The Kalmyk

I worked in a subshop for 5 years, i ate more food than my pay check could pay for. Lucky i ate for free. That may have been one of the best jobs i ever had. I was one mean sandwich dresser. :getsome:

Which one Fred (Tastee's)??? Just wondering because The Thortons are old neighborhood friends:topic:

Last edited:
D

DANSPANK

I've yet to find a sub sandwhich that fills me up. And I mean a regular one not one of those 30' things. I can eat 2 subway foot longs and the other sub shops round here aren't that big either.... I believe that the gauntlet that I was once holding is now on the ground....

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
first check out wazu, but if he can't do it head to venturini's in boonton. it's on main street right at the intersection of boonton ave.

if you can eat a foot long sub from there i'll buy it for you.

Top Bottom