Handmade Bikes!!!Yum!

NJ Jess

Thanks

Thanks for all the great pictures. I hope to go to bike building school in OR next winter. Lots to think about.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
when the hell is someone gonna wise up and design a sliding dropout that mounts below the seatstay instead of behind it? like a 'sub11' track end? they just look so friggen awkward sticking out the back like that. and they look like the most retarted dropout design in history, which a certain 'c' company thankfully retired, which makes me dislike them even more.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i would LOVE to go custom or even with a small shop for one of my bikes (i'd love to spead some love to van dessel since they are right in dover...) but man, the friggin' cost of these things are insane.

they certainly are beautiful and i'm sure they are functional (the wolfhounds ard just flat out groovy) but IMHO, these bikes are more about art than anything else. art goes on the wall. bikes get dirty.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Sickness!!

Check out the Hunter 29er w/ the carbon seat-tube.

Yowzer!!!:

http://www.velonews.com/photo/gallery/71887

NAHMBS2008_12.jpg

Maurice

I check out the cyclingnews reports every morning before heading to work. I must say seeing a whole bunch of townies, as nice as they are, didn't inspire me much... I've tried using a rack for some time, but it makes standing on the pedals quite interesting; my commute has a few hills.

I must say that this one caught my eye. I wonder how it handles riding in the rain...

jdog

Shop Keep
I check out the cyclingnews reports every morning before heading to work. I must say seeing a whole bunch of townies, as nice as they are, didn't inspire me much... I've tried using a rack for some time, but it makes standing on the pedals quite interesting; my commute has a few hills.

I must say that this one caught my eye. I wonder how it handles riding in the rain...

I think it might float if it gets deep enough..

jdog

Shop Keep
when the hell is someone gonna wise up and design a sliding dropout that mounts below the seatstay instead of behind it? like a 'sub11' track end? they just look so friggen awkward sticking out the back like that. and they look like the most retarted dropout design in history, which a certain 'c' company thankfully retired, which makes me dislike them even more.

How about this design from http://www.blackcatbicycles.com/

blackcatdo.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom