handlebar sweep

TonyC

at what degree handlebar sweep does it effect the ETT?

or better yet, using the same width bar would another 6 degees sweep require a longer stem?

don

My guess... the sweep has to be pretty pulled back before it effects ETT length.

Most mtb bars have low backsweep anyway so 6 degrees shouldn't make a difference save for the feel. What's the backsweep figure on the bars you are looking to change to?

TonyC

My guess... the sweep has to be pretty pulled back before it effects ETT length.

Most mtb bars have low backsweep anyway so 6 degrees shouldn't make a difference save for the feel. What's the backsweep figure on the bars you are looking to change to?

hey Don,

I've grown to love the on-one fleegle bars (>28 wide 15-degree sweep) which is great on my SS. A bit heavy, but super stiff.

On the new ride I want to use a lighter set of flat bars and was thinking Pro-moto carbon 17degree bars, but Salsa doesn't have any sweep forward like the on-ones do.

later,
Tony

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
you could probably use some geometry to get an idea of this. Use the length of an arc formula.

diameter x pi x angle/360*

for the on-one (dont know the width of those salsas)

28 x 3.14 x 15/365

87.92 x .042 = 3.69"

that would assume the sweep is measured from the center point of the bars which I'm sure it isn't. Still gives you an idea...

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have been stocking the Salsa carbon bars in the 11 and 7 degree sweep for a while now.. Most people grab the 11's at the time of purchase for some reason. I really dig the 11 degree sweepers. Generally most folks have not changed the stem length when going to the 11's. I dould see going 1cm longer stem with the 17's.

Top Bottom