hand pump pressure water sprayer?

THATmanMANNY

So I want to get one of those fertilizer sprayers to clean my bike after my ride before i load it. That way the bounce & wind will blow off all the water on the drive home :D and there is less maintenance at home.

If you got one... What gallon size should I get? Large enough for my bike and maybe 2 more bikes if i am feeling friendly :p

THATmanMANNY

I'd rather just save the $$$ and get home to hose down.

Not enough pressure? The bogged down cross bikes seem to love them tho? :hmmm:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
So I want to get one of those fertilizer sprayers to clean my bike after my ride before i load it. That way the bounce & wind will blow off all the water on the drive home :D and there is less maintenance at home.

If you got one... What gallon size should I get? Large enough for my bike and maybe 2 more bikes if i am feeling friendly :p

I have a 2 gallon model. It is more than enough to do two bikes.

The idea is to get most of the crap off your bike. Using a hose is okay, but in the winter it is a pain in the butt. You have to turn the outside water on, spray the bike, then drain the hose and water line. :cry:

The sprayer takes off a lot of dirt. To get the "caked on" stuff, just spray it, wipe it with a rag, and rinse it.

Ian F

I have a 2 gallon model. It is more than enough to do two bikes.

The idea is to get most of the crap off your bike. Using a hose is okay, but in the winter it is a pain in the butt. You have to turn the outside water on, spray the bike, then drain the hose and water line. :cry:

The sprayer takes off a lot of dirt. To get the "caked on" stuff, just spray it, wipe it with a rag, and rinse it.

I have one as well. I think it's a 2.5Gal version I bought at Home Depot for $20. I originally bought it for cleaning mud off my DH bike at races at the van in lieu of waiting in line at the bike wash... wet - scrub with brush - rinse; repeat.

Another advantage of using it at home: you can fill it with hot water, which will loosen up frozen, caked on mud PDQ...

A guy selling those motorized pump washers was at Plattekill years ago... Neat idea, but simply too much money - we all laughed at him when he mentioend the price. The hand-pump sprayers generate enough pressure to do the job. You don't want a lot of pressure anyway... pushing water/dirt into places that don't want water/dirt...

Last edited:

THATmanMANNY

...BTW, I thought you were taking off the winter?

Nah, I was just saying I'll prob be doing other things then just bike bike bike bike. I've been running more than biking. Still haven't gone snowboarding yet tho :(

But I am still cycling (either mtb or road but usually the later) a couple times a week. With these sloppy conditions I thought it'd be nice to use a sprayer to clean off ride. I haven't been on mtb since the mtbnj lewis morris ride. :rolleyes:

THATmanMANNY

got one and looks like its going to come very handy

I picked one up from home depot for like $30 month ago. I went with the "commercial" grade one cause the Ortho brand looks like weak sauce and would relieve the pressure automatically :rolleyes: The one I got would let you go as much air as you can pump in until it starts fizzing air out. It provides enough pressure for a good rinse.

I just used it to wash my bike thoroughly before i bring it in house for strip and clean. IT IS GOING TO COME IN REAL HANDY! No frozen hose to worry about in the winter (i put lukewarm water in) and during the messy rides in spring and fall I will be bringing this with me and give my bike a rinse down after ride and maybe yours too if your lucky :D

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I picked one up from home depot for like $30 month ago. I went with the "commercial" grade one cause the Ortho brand looks like weak sauce and would relieve the pressure automatically :rolleyes: The one I got would let you go as much air as you can pump in until it starts fizzing air out. It provides enough pressure for a good rinse.

I just used it to wash my bike thoroughly before i bring it in house for strip and clean. IT IS GOING TO COME IN REAL HANDY! No frozen hose to worry about in the winter (i put lukewarm water in) and during the messy rides in spring and fall I will be bringing this with me and give my bike a rinse down after ride and maybe yours too if your lucky :D

Manny - Let me know how that works out for you. I have been considering running to Home of De Pot for a washer. Which one exactly did you get?
Especially with a roof rack, i wouldn't mind a few drips of water and grease on my car as much as the little nicks i get from rocks.

THATmanMANNY

Manny - Let me know how that works out for you. I have been considering running to Home of De Pot for a washer. Which one exactly did you get?
Especially with a roof rack, i wouldn't mind a few drips of water and grease on my car as much as the little nicks i get from rocks.

I can already say that it's gonna be pretty good investment. The brand I got is RL ProFLO, 2 gall. I found it at one home depot but i didn't see it at another tho. Look for manual pressure relief valve ones and I think you'll be okay. I tried the auto valves and it just didn't get high enough for good pressure IMO. I'll prob bring some type of small brush (prob an old toothbrush) along with it to get the real gunky stuff off but it did a pretty good job spraying the mud off.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Crap! I never would have thought of this. I could have kept my apt soo much cleaner! Instead I had mud on my walls and all over the floor. Good thing the house has a hose. But still something to think about for race day. Good find J!

I saw these at the trade show a few years back. i thought they were cool but not worth the asking price. At this price I would do it.

THATmanMANNY

Dang you J. Thanks for making me feel like... well... :rolleyes:
Im pretty sure home depot has a no hassle return policy :D

Those 12V washers are expensive or were. I looked like a few months ago and they were like $150+. I dunno how you found that. Makes me wonder why so cheap :hmmm: no reviews to read. Either way, I like my pump sprayer. I used it again to spray off road salt. It all comes down to mechanical vs. electrical power and the practically etc. of either or.

syadasti

Wet Rag
The stream seems pretty powerful, I wouldn't want to wash my bike with a 200 PSI pressure washer anyway, for 50 bucks it seems like a good deal.

The one on sale is not the same unit though. Probably the guy that wasn't happy with his has the cheaper unit on sale.

Top Bottom