halters

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
i broke my shit today at 6mile cause i am all about log rides now...but i went to halters at 6:59.59 with broken Rocky Mountain in hand needed a new DR and hanger...Jay...who must be Jdog said "can you hang a minute" all the while they are already workin past quitin time and hooked me right up with a new DR and straghtened out the hanger that has to be made out of memory foam cause i do nothin but pull it out of my wheel...and up-sold me to a much better chain but not like a sales person but like a dude who knows alot more about whats good for the bike and for better riding then i do...bottom line these dudes were very helpful and i didnt have to wait to get the bike back i can go pretend to rip it tomorrow...just go there anytime of the day 24hrs and start droppin Dirty Berts name all over like a flower girl at a wedding and you get free dinners and back rubs...

dirty bert

Banned
mr. chainsaw

start droppin Dirty Berts name all over like a flower girl at a wedding and you get free dinners and back rubs...

hey! hey! hey, keep it quiet about them back rubs!!!

halters rules, they always take good care of my dlw.

... i never got any dinners but the entertainment there is priceless.

walter

Fourth Party
I said it a while ago, there are about 12 shops that are geographically closer to me than Halters, most of which I pass on the way to the shop. Hands down the best place I have ever been to. Jdog returns phone calls, answers emails and pm's, gives you his honest opinion and provides you with expert service. An awesome demo program, a shop that has practically everything imaginable in stock as long as its available from the manufacturer and alot of other good stuff.

Every time I go there its good times, good laughs and a good experience. Shops like Halters are the reason why I spend my money locally and not on the web

Mr Chainsaw, you now see why about 6,243 of us from this site give J and crew our business. Also, next time you go there, you will leave on a 29er.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Every time I go there its good times, good laughs and a good experience. Shops like Halters are the reason why I spend my money locally and not on the web
before I started to go to halters, I bought almost everything online...hands down the best shop I have ever been to.

D

DANSPANK

He made me get a pink head set on the bike he built for me. I initially thought it was gay. Now I think I'm cool. Jay, thanks for making me cool/gay.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Awww.. You guys are so sweet.

Thanks all around. This has been a really tough spring. I was there till 10 last night. The 45 on the road this am was tough.

Thanks

j-

J-Dro

I was there near closing time last night too. I got to catch a glimpse of Chris G's new Ti beauty.:cool:

I just wonder how Jay and Chris at Halters keep up their energy level all day long this time of year. The place is just crazy busy!

I had also pretty much given up on LBS's til I found Halters. It's the real deal.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey I just got a call from the man himself. Apparently this world famous bike shop has a new bike ready for me too!

Now I gotta drive there in rush hour. Pfft!

J-Dro

Hey I just got a call from the man himself. Apparently this world famous bike shop has a new bike ready for me too!

Now I gotta drive there in rush hour. Pfft!

It was ready yesterday but we were taking turns with it hitting the new dirt jump at 6MR.:D

Glancing Aft

I was down there yesterday afternoon picking up my freshly refurbished lefty. Halters hooked me up well while the lefty was out of commission and if wasn't so darn far for me I'd be knocking on their door every day. The rebuild totally seemed worth it too, cannondale put a NEW sticker on the fork which totally made it worth it! JK... All in all, A+ experience with Halter's, the nearly 3hr round trip travel time in rush hour traffic, not so A+ :mad::(

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
did it again

went in for a set of EGRON grips found ones ive been looking at with nice bar ends...also upgraded my wheels to a pair MAVICs...while waiting for thewm to set me up i stumbled upon a F'N RaD ASS MTBNJ.com jersey...had to have it...i also picked up a pair of new GORE gloves with half fingers...long story longer the wheels are awsome i feel better on them instead of my messed up rear hub...the grips F'n rule so comfortable....and the gloves made me look cooler...but the big one is the jersey it is the mountain bike version of NIKE air jordans...like i said in other posts my cousin works at another shop and i get real good deals from him on Rock Mountain stuff for the ride but i like going here...i just cant get over how that jersey made me a better rider...

Last edited:
N

njwrxdriver

Yea halters is the S#!T...Chris and Jay Have really brought that shop into its own....
:getsome:
Greg

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Tanks!

That place is about as good as it gets! Chris & J, you guys ROCK!

Thanks Bill!

We are trying our best. It is impossible to make everyone happy but I feel that we are in this business for the right reason.

We sell what we love and I hope it shows.

J_

Mk1Racer

Thanks Bill!

We are trying our best. It is impossible to make everyone happy but I feel that we are in this business for the right reason.

We sell what we love and I hope it shows.

J_

It definitely shows! And you're right, you can't make everyone happy, but I think you try to! It's a good thing there aren't more shops like yours (it would make for more competition! :D). Seriously though, it's actually a shame that more shops don't take your approach.

Top Bottom