Halter's Cycles Inspired -- (31/31) 2020 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July just for the FUN of it

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
PSA for riding crowded parks in the summer. Grab a Timber Bell. It is so worth it. Not only do hikers know I'm coming but they often have a huge grin on their faces.
My wife is riding one of my old whips, when I loaned it to a friend, he thanked me by installing a pig shaped squeaker bell thing. It squeaks every time she hits a root or a bump.
Makes me think of my pup and his squeaky toys. Always makes me laugh.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
JIYF20-17: The dirty lowdown

JIYF20-18: Alright, alright, alright

And when you’re a short way into your ride and you realize your saddle sore is gone:
CBB069A8-DC51-4FD5-B7C4-D1FA7EC8C91F.gif

The saddle giveth, and the saddle taketh away.

jackx

i like this with wife thing you've got going!
I told her my plan for July is to ride everyday. That means after work, I don't also have time for our evening walks, so she is riding with me. However, I don't expect her to ride the next few days with the excessive heat.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I told her my plan for July is to ride everyday. That means after work, I don't also have time for our evening walks, so she is riding with me. However, I don't expect her to ride the next few days with the excessive heat.

you should ask her tho....(not a pro tip)

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 18

Plan was to drop the older twirp, Trevor, at a friends house in Long Valley around noon for a pool party and then head from there to High Bridge to hit the pump track and flow trails with the younger twirp, Will. Well that didn’t happen. Will’s hands are still too shredded from ninja warrior training, so he stayed home. I dropped Trevor, then drove 5 minutes to park at the almost beginning of Columbia Trail. Rode from Long Valley to Califon and back. So many helmetless CovIdiots.

1595123615183.png

xtrpureguts

So I think day 17 and 18.
promised myself a more ambitious ride yesterday. So I’m a runner that turned to mountain biking and has recently Got a road bike. (Gravel bike). I’ve done a couple 100k when feeling good. But yesterday was the first planned long ride. Loaded up with classic MTB camelback with 100 Oz of water and 2 20 Oz Gatorade bottles and a couple cliff bars. Finished everything but need some guidance on approach.
1BF41724-04DB-4F32-9C39-1F1211118D08.jpeg

Picture from New Providence train station across from the famous Deli.
458F68F2-B53C-4DE2-AD78-1EB5F5013591.jpeg

couple last nite pics self serving at the pool feeling good about the days ride.
83DC4B1F-AB64-452C-A521-7F7559ECC916.jpeg

7D832448-8D05-4575-B220-3B994378B0CF.jpeg

hit some of the local dirt today that Tim and some of our friends have been working on.
76C08332-49D4-4269-9F6C-D4DB44DB639E.jpeg

744B6FFA-419D-4720-9769-79E59C95E8B9.jpeg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
July 18
Weird day at the bike park. The water park traffic was unreal today. Some genius started a third row of parking and my car got boxed in. I was trying to leave after a few runs were ruined by beginners on trails they didn’t belong on but yeah...couldn’t go anywhere. Facilities gave me a $20 food voucher and would text me when they fixed the situation. Got a bunch of good runs in after I went back up but eventually shredded my rear tire. Got a text right after that my car had been freed.
https://strava.app.link/MjzMlRXNe8
1595129976710.jpeg
1595129931308.png

Cassinonorth

July 18
Weird day at the bike park. The water park traffic was unreal today. Some genius started a third row of parking and my car got boxed in. I was trying to leave after a few runs were ruined by beginners on trails they didn’t belong on but yeah...couldn’t go anywhere. Facilities gave me a $20 food voucher and would text me when they fixed the situation. Got a bunch of good runs in after I went back up but eventually shredded my rear tire. Got a text right after that my car had been freed.
https://strava.app.link/MjzMlRXNe8
View attachment 134694

jackx

July 18

My MTB was out of commission for almost 2 weeks due to a broken spoke and delays getting it fixed. I wanted to get an early start before the heat of the day really set in, and I managed to start around 10:30am at Stephen's State Park. Other than some fisherman and riders near the lake, I hardly saw anyone on the trails. I was very glad to be in the shade of the thick canopy and out of the sun, although it was very humid in the woods. I carried about 3 liters in my pack and drained it over my 3 hour ride. It was great to be back riding in the woods again.

1595167944905.png

5897F40D-4536-433B-A229-C02EE1DC0BCE.jpeg
DAF25979-761E-4998-B204-6C5B5F66779F.jpeg
CE961459-3BE7-4B2C-A18A-4791E8B3C805.jpeg

Mare

Oooo I like those! Make a series, my bike shop/basement could use some prints like that.
Tell me what you would like in the image and I will make you some :) Can be what is in those, a different bike, any words, anything. Or send me an image of something if you want.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
JFC @chemgirl how many trips do you go on?

Day 18
Woke up and went on a trip
Mountain bike
Elm Ridge in the Catskills

Got the mountain bike back together Friday night after my stuff came back from Fox so we decided to head north. Solid 10 degrees cooler up there. We’d been to Elm Ridge before but this time was better.

D had also picked up her new-to-her Pivot on Friday from Jay at Halters. We Pivot Peeple now.

Then we went primitive camping in a random state forest.

7BD582C8-8AC5-4D34-AC51-960F36A3ACFD.jpeg
EB2E2CFA-5B46-43CC-A6B5-52571943A9AE.jpeg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 19
Mountain bike
Norbrook Brewery Trails

Met a dude in the forest last night who talked this place up so we called an audible and went here instead. Some solid machine built runs and a great park in the making.

Holy shit it was hot.

Obliterated my rear hub but made it to the car. That said the bike is back in the OR for more surgery this week.

47F0E622-9D51-4101-BD02-0A9858E68219.jpeg

Tim

aka sptimmy43
19/31 I had plans to hit Nassau and the flow trails at High Bridge but the wife summoned me to her parent's out in PA for some boating which turned out to be a pretty great way to spend a sweltering day. I got up early and out on the road bike for only the second time thus far during this challenge and completed an hour before we headed out to PA.
20200719_214449482_iOS.jpg

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
JFC @chemgirl how many trips do you go on?

Day 18
Woke up and went on a trip
Mountain bike
Elm Ridge in the Catskills

Got the mountain bike back together Friday night after my stuff came back from Fox so we decided to head north. Solid 10 degrees cooler up there. We’d been to Elm Ridge before but this time was better.

D had also picked up her new-to-her Pivot on Friday from Jay at Halters. We Pivot Peeple now.

Then we went primitive camping in a random state forest.

View attachment 134757View attachment 134758
d’aawwwww, matching bikes!

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
July 19
Hot laps at the playground with some homies. Checked off a couple of features on my list. I finally did the stupid phantom drop next to the progression drops. I’ve been doing bigger stuff in the park for a few years but something about the slow blind roll up and the fact the entire resort is watching to see who rides off that thing has always sketched me out. There’s actually nothing to it.
https://strava.app.link/bicxr6t9f8
1595199885880.png

Top Bottom