Halter's Cycles Inspired -- (31/31) 2020 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July just for the FUN of it

Tim

aka sptimmy43
14/31 Enjoyed the lower humidity at Hartshorne after work.
20200714_204045936_iOS.jpg

And I didn't stop to take any pictures so I will leave you with this...
20200714_223757994_iOS.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 14
Road bike with the wife

Had class again today for work and didn’t have it in me to wake up early and ride. I’m still waking up hurting every morning from the crash at Stirling 3 weeks ago so some days are harder than others.

Started putting the bike back together today. The squishy bits should be back from Fox this week. One can hope.

269B60FE-B14A-4FB2-B9BB-CC229D853AE9.jpeg

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I really wish it linked up better with the East Hanover side, it becomes a tangled mess around Parsippany. I spent like 2 hours trying to figure it out a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll reach out to the guy who runs the PP unofficial site to see if we can do something because it would be amazing.
There’s an unofficial site? ??‍♂️
Is there an official site too?
I’ve never been any farther East than Ridgedale Ave, would be cool if there was more that made sense past there.

Cassinonorth

There’s an unofficial site? ??‍♂️
Is there an official site too?
I’ve never been any farther East than Ridgedale Ave, would be cool if there was more that made sense past there.

Yep!

The official site I guess is the Morris Parks site which is totally useless.

jackx

July 14
My wife and I planned to ride together for an easy 20 miles in the cooler evening weather, but something came up and she had to bail as we were just starting the ride. I figured it was a good chance to ride a bit further to get more miles towards my mileage goal for July.

I haven't gotten my pictures back from the FotoMat, so no pictures from this ride. Attached are some pictures from my ride on Sunday, which I forgot to include with the post of that ride.

1594820917635.png

5C54A979-861A-4D2D-9AC8-A7CD9FB4ADE6.jpeg
BFF5F11B-F2C9-46CF-B6A2-E417C16D8843.jpeg

xtrpureguts

Day 15 started well. Picked up my sister for a pre Liverpool game run and bike. Parked at Loantaka Park and she went for a run and I headed off to MadisonDans stomping ground for an hour loop.
784D2C44-EF48-48DB-982A-ADF59A93F62E.jpeg

Got home and had a nice lunch. Things fell apart 20 or so minutes into the Game when Liverpool handed Arsenal a couple of gift goals.
Sent Jean back On the train to NYC and licking my wounds listening to a Jack Johnson playlist and enjoying a sensible salad Susan made for us. Hazy IPA is from the Torch and Crown brewing co NYC.
B263DBB1-683F-433F-8A3A-6E7BBD65A489.jpeg

TeamMuddySprocket

Day 15: rode the d and r and met the family at the swim club again. After 15 days my legs are pretty stiff and fatigued (I'm sure by knee isn't helping). Lesson learned to not be as lazy the other 11 months a year! Passed my company's more local office, if they ever let me transfer onky a 40 minute bike ride (Lawrenceville) vs 75 minute car/train (Newark)
Screenshot_20200715-191828_Strava.jpg

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 14
Another day at Raystown. BONKED!! This has been happening a lot lately, not sure of it's the heat, being a 'middle aged women', or I'm simply spending too much time downhilling. Probably a combination of it all. But this was one of the worst I've ever had. I could barely walk myself out.
https://www.strava.com/activities/3766706286
Image-1 (12).jpg

Day 15
No way in hell I was riding the Allegripis trails again. So on my way home I stopped at Hershey Medical Center Trails to check it out. Legs were still paralyzingly dead. There was enough rock and elevation to make it a tough recovery ride. But I would guess its a pretty fun place when ridden at speed. Small place.
https://www.strava.com/activities/3767246553
Image-1 (11).jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Paralyzing dead. I like this expression.

@chemgirl I’ve pretty much gone through the same thing on our July 4th trip. This summer has just hammered me for whatever reason.

Top Bottom