Halter's Cycles Inspired -- (31/31) 2020 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July just for the FUN of it

xtrpureguts

My take on the participation for the first 12 days. I may have missed a post from jackx for the 10th. Let me know if you had recording issues or just didn't post. Honor system is fine by me. I think cassinonorth missed early but is still playing. I'm up for allowing mulligans.
MTBNJ Day 12.png

Couple observations:
Robin has most hours out with bike
MadisonDan likes riding the traction line (local hero on strava)
Tim has the most rides with a seven year old
Norm has a lot of bikes
Mare45 has me thinking what bike of mine can pull off the basket look

Cassinonorth

My take on the participation for the first 12 days. I may have missed a post from jackx for the 10th. Let me know if you had recording issues or just didn't post. Honor system is fine by me. I think cassinonorth missed early but is still playing. I'm up for allowing mulligans.
View attachment 134249

Couple observations:
Norm has a lot of bikes

You are correct =( I missed the 2nd day...I was planning on rolling to August 2nd.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
13/31 The legs were feeling a little beat up from yesterday's exertion so I figured I'd take it easy and grabbed the....singlespeed. lol. Well I am still working out the proper gearing for it and 34x20 was actually easier than I expected. I wish I had a 19t cog as I think 34x18 is going to be tough as hell. Anyway I rolled the local woods which were remarkably dry considering it has rained every day since Friday.

20200713_215429753_iOS.jpg

And, no, this is not @jklett 's old bike. I also bought one of these beauties back when I had no idea what mountain biking really was. It's actually not too bad as an SS. Maybe it's just that the constant grind distracts me from how bad the bike really is?

jackx

View attachment 134249

Couple observations:
Norm has a lot of bikes
Yes, @xtrpureguts, I missed last Friday, June 10 with all the rain, but I'm still planning on using this to ride 500+ miles for the month. So I figured I'd take pictures and contribute some content.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
July 13
Welp, The Summer of Jim was short lived. I unexpectedly went back to work today.

WMA ride after work. Tigers blood is disgusting this time of day. I stopped for a mechanical and got destroyed by bugs.
https://strava.app.link/UuLatcvm67
1594690589130.png

Roller #3 of 4 is getting sketchier every time I ride it. Too many people discovered this trail during COVID and the bottom transition is getting worked.
1594690778136.jpeg

xtrpureguts

Double Dip for day 13. As I was gathering stats for all the participants this afternoon. I realized I was way behind on one of my strava July Distance challenges. So took an extra easy spin around the neighborhood to add a few miles. Then Visited uncle Jerry who is in lockdown for our weekly martini ? night. Double fisting an overly full glass.
AF7A3DD4-5495-4A51-80A6-6CE104C42497.jpeg

BA63BD98-61BF-4ED3-9B2D-1CE75C3808D6.jpeg

D6F615AD-7EA1-4D26-B29A-52FD1A0142D1.jpeg

and just for fun a live shot of my view from outside Downing an unnecessary Sour while I’m completing this.
2E6561ED-5245-494A-A46A-E11A0E9697FB.jpeg

Cassinonorth

Sunday, July 12.

Had some time for a bit longer ride. Glad I was not on the Columbia Trail or parking at those lots. The lots were packed and I imagine the trail was crowded and slow

Interesting. Saturday afternoon around 4ish they were pretty empty and it was moving pretty well. Maybe the small threat of rain kept people away...there was a hot dog stand set up right before you got into Califon that they said they'd be out there every Wednesday and Saturday so I'll have to remember cash for next time.

GarminConnect_20200714-081838.jpg

Enjoying these before work rides in different locations thanks to my site visits for my job. Thursday should be Deer Park or Stephens and next week Dickerson. Probably wouldn't get out to many of these parks as much.

Cassinonorth

Day 13: Patriots path from Lewis Morris. Much more exciting than the D and R :) and since I forgot a picture, here's one of sunset over sunset lake through the trees from my car.

I really wish it linked up better with the East Hanover side, it becomes a tangled mess around Parsippany. I spent like 2 hours trying to figure it out a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll reach out to the guy who runs the PP unofficial site to see if we can do something because it would be amazing.

Top Bottom