Halter's Cycles Inspired -- (31/31) 2020 Edition .. RIDE 1hr a day, EVERY DAY for the month of July just for the FUN of it

Tim

aka sptimmy43
28/31 I really wanted to name this ride "Home Stretch" but it felt more like a death march. Although, I must admit that I felt a lot better at the end of the ride than I did at the beginning. The sand at Huber is getting DEEP. It's pretty sketchy in quite a few spots. I forgot to take a pic...

20200728_222501668_iOS.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 28
Road ride with D
And the Duke of Canterbury

Rode in the evening the last 2 nights and it’s actually been pleasant. Been taking it easy this week because we blow this popsicle stand tomorrow morning around 9.

Trying to ride out of state more than @chemgirl who is like a Gypsy. Gonna finish out the month outside NJ.

43F656E6-D5AD-4F39-B47A-343ABF423279.jpeg

jackx

July 28

Easy ride with my wife this morning. My rear derailleur cable snapped at 1 hour, so we ended the ride.

Shifting was fine until the cable snapped at 4,249 miles. That's a record for me. I usually change it around 3,400 miles, but I've been putting on a lot of miles this month and so I sort of forgot about it.

I was having a challenge removing the broken off end, so I grabbed a strong magnet, which pulled it out from the shifter mechanism in about 2 seconds. I replaced the cable and housing this evening, so I am ready to ride on Wednesday!

1595989940949.png

1850878E-F085-4BBC-B2E4-74AC8625C427.jpeg
0840F5DE-35CF-42B5-9B26-0CC1AD2DBE4F.jpeg

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Day 28
Road ride with D
And the Duke of Canterbury

Rode in the evening the last 2 nights and it’s actually been pleasant. Been taking it easy this week because we blow this popsicle stand tomorrow morning around 9.

Trying to ride out of state more than @chemgirl who is like a Gypsy. Gonna finish out the month outside NJ.

View attachment 135614
Hah, I’m heading to Maryland tomorrow for remainder of month. In August trekking to WV, then Arkansas, then Colorado. Heck, now that I have to teach virtually, I can travel all Fall!

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
JIYF20-29: There’s love and darkness and my sidearm

Today was a good day.
Legs felt good and the ride really sorted my head.
Needed that.

Rightfully took a segment away from a roadie data glitch-
I checked, and that section of trail (parallel to the road) didn’t exist when he did his ride.
Was hoping to set the bar a bit higher, but while 30 days of JRA gave me the legs, lungs are lagging a bit behind.
I guess that’s what’s on tap for August.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
29/31 Today really felt good! The last couple weeks have been brutal with the heat and humidity but a slightly cooler temperature, little lower humidity and a slight breeze really worked wonders for my frame of mind on the bike. The local woods were ravaged pretty bad by the storm last Wednesday and there are a few new logovers to navigate. I've been working on my bunny hops lately as I feel my form had gotten sloppy and I went for some higher obstacles and cleared them. It was a good day on the bike.

20200729_234149597_iOS.jpg

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
Top Bottom