Halo Headband - $10

D

DANSPANK

It's an elesticated headband with a rubberish strip that you align with your forehead, the idea being that sweat runs down your forehead and is initially absorbed by the headband. When it's saturated the excess sweat runs along to the sides of the headband and down your temples as opposed to into your eyes on onto your shades.

It works very well. I've used one now for a couple of months or so and am glad I got one.

There's the added advantage that your helmet cannot dip down to obscure your vision either.

The only downside is that when you take it off you're left with a thin rubber strip impression across your forehead. But it definitely saves you from stopping and trying to clean your glasses or the stinging sweta-in-eye syndrome

Shaggz

A strong 7
Thanks for the review, Dan. I have been wanting to get one of these but in the full head coverage flavor. Do you have to remove the pads from your helmet when you use the head band?

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I use and sell these halo bands.

I always ride with some type of headband but these are by far the best thing going.

j

D

DANSPANK

Mine sits low enough so as not to interfere with the position of my helmet so I don't need to remove pads.

Again, apart from the I-look-like-I-have-a-metal-plate-in-my-head look for half an hour when you take the thing off, it's a great product. I'll wash mine and sell it to you for a fiver.

D

DANSPANK

Actually it does. I imagine that it will loosen up a little but if you have a larger than average noggin then I would try one on before purchasing. They only come in one size too.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Interesting ytc. Will keep in mind.

Yeah Dan I tend to get a headache of it's too tight for too long. Not sure that would work for me.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've been using these things for over a year & they get the job done. The halo bandanna works way better. I do hate the indentation it leaves in my fore head though as it doesn't go away for a few hrs.

Last edited:

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
I've been using these things for over a year & they get the job done. The halo bandanna works way better. I do hate the indentation it leaves in my fore head though as it doesn't go away for a few hrs.

ah... and for years now... I thought that was just how your head was shaped.
;)

Top Bottom