Hacklebarney State Park - Hiking

R0B

This is off topic but anyway.

Has anyone checked out the hunting trails at Hacklebarney for either biking or hiking? Anyone know the distance or extent these trails go into the park from the 4 parking areas?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
This is off topic but anyway.

Has anyone checked out the hunting trails at Hacklebarney for either biking or hiking? Anyone know the distance or extent these trails go into the park from the 4 parking areas?

i know hacklebarney real well. the hiking trails are pretty good, and there is also a nice area to do some scrambling as well on a good sized/steep wall of scree. the hiking trails go on for quite a bit. i don't know the total mileage, but i can easily spend a few hours in there wandering around. there are a couple nice waterfalls in the place.

i dont think they allow biking on most of the trails. i'm pretty sure you have to stay on the paved or gravel trailswhen on a bike, which aren't too extensive, but that may have changed since the last time i was there.

R0B

I think over the next week or so I'm going to try to check out some of the hunting trails. Maybe try to plot some on a map. I pretty much hit everything labeled on the map itself this afternoon. I drove around the park stopped at the hunting lots and the first lot I believe had 2 trails open up into the woods looked like they're walked consistently since they were clear but with no markers. Any experience?

R0B

Sorry for my week delay to getting a map up, I could not find a link to one so I scanned my copy.

Attachments

• p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 2,749
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 808
Top Bottom