H2H WTF race this weekend

trener1

Do any of you skip racing if its raining or just go for it, I am registered but the idea of trying to go (slightly) fast over wet rocks and roots doesn't sound that great to me, especially since it's frowned to ride on wet trails in general so I don't really have much experience with that

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do any of you skip racing if its raining or just go for it, I am registered but the idea of trying to go (slightly) fast over wet rocks and roots doesn't sound that great to me, especially since it's frowned to ride on wet trails in general so I don't really have much experience with that
I had my 2 best races in wet conditions in 2019. It levels the field. I'll be there.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
In general, I still go, unless the weather is really bad. In theory, the promoter should have a plan in place for TM afterwards.

trener1

Yeah I am sure they will do trail maintenance, my concern is more about crashing on wet rocks

ryderX

No worries about wet roots and rocks.

Cassinonorth

Yeah I am sure they will do trail maintenance, my concern is more about crashing on wet rocks

What's the worst that happens? You slide out on a turn over some wet leaves and have to use your buff as a tourniquet to stop the bleeding before getting 8 stitches later?

Could be worse. /oddlyspecific

Kaleidopete

Some racers today.
Dsc06072.jpg
Dsc06075.jpg
Dsc06077.jpg
Dsc06078.jpg

Dsc06073.jpg

Attachments

• Dsc06073.jpg
    Dsc06073.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

mattsrabbit

That course was fun and challenging as hell. Those punchy rocky climbs beat me up. I need to work on that kind of technical skill a ton more. Also.. my lungs, leez they haven't had to work that hard in almost 2 years!

trener1

I must say that it was awesome to get out and do a real race, personally my legs were awful, but it was still great to be out there in a real live event.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
There are a bunch of photos on the RSG FB page...
One strange thing I noticed looking at the photos of the podiums, was that in the non-payout classes, all male winners got a floor pump, while the females got a t-shirt or chain lube. Kind of a bad look. Just my .02

Top Bottom