H2H Series Results?

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
Tonebuckets, I apologize for coming off as if I was attacking you that was not my intent at all.
My point is that everyone jumps on the web and complains about various issues but very few come up with solutions.
Your posts actually crunched numbersand made a few people think for a minute about the impact of trail maintence on their overall standings within their age class and level.

Hey, 42nd and only one race in sport, I put my TM points to work for sure. But not all of them. Next year will be different, no 8 hour trail building days at JH for the race and the wife is finally preggers, so now I can actually ride my bikes again.
40th place here I come!!
Again, I apologize for coming off harsh.

Eileen

One small and painless-to-implement systemic change would be allowing racers who complete and file their paydirt early in the season to have it reflected in the series overall standings as it's filed. Now that the standings are being updated fairly regularly (thanks H2H!), seeing some in their class with those points would definitely motivate other racers to get out there and do 'em. And for Kevin who processes paydirt, it would mean a more even flow of paperwork rather than an end-of-the-season crunch...

I also think this is a great idea!!!!! :D

Tonebuckets

I truly appreciate your post, and I'm glad that you see that I wasn't just whining. I think this thread, however annoying it has become, has led to a lot of good ideas, from a lot of smart people.

So, good luck to you next year. :) Just ride with Norm when you can, he's gonna be consistently in the top ten next year. (Pressures on Joe!)

There's a lot of love in the room now. lol

S

Shar0se

Just an FYI from a beginner racer- in speaking with other beginner woman at one of the races NONE OF THEM except for me knew about TM and I only knew b/c I have friends who had been racing for a while. A few people I spoke with had heard about it but didnt really understand how many points you got, how to get hours, etc. I would make an educated guess that, outside of the hardcore racers who come out often, the people who are on this site and the like, many people don't really know about TM in general.

A few ideas: Hate 'em or love 'em. I'm not even sure who would be in charge of doing some of these things, just thought I'd put them out there.
  • Hand out flyers/calendar with known/upcoming TM dates at races.
  • Post TM dates on the H2H Series Campmor site. Or make TM a huge, bold, large type, flashy item on the site.
  • Ask for email when registering for an H2H race (optional of course) and then email people with upcoming TM, reminding them to do it.
  • TALK IT UP!
  • Hang a banner/poster at races that reads "Have you done your TM yet?" or something like that.
  • Have a TM booth at races where people can post/acquire TM information. Maybe volunteer hours at the TM booth go towards your hours?
  • Ask the race directors to make an announcement about TM wherever there is a crowd ie. during the pre-race mtg, during award ceremonies, heck- even when you have 30 guys lined up on the start.
  • POST TM HOURS AS THEY ARE DONE! (Or as soon as the guy who has to type them in has time. :) ) This way, at the very least, people will say- oh what are those points from? What is TM?
Just my two cents- I didn't sit down and think it all through so go easy just wrote what I brainstormed, hope it helps! :eek:

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
[*]Hand out flyers/calendar with known/upcoming TM dates at races.
[*]TALK IT UP!
[*]Hang a banner/poster at races that reads "Have you done your TM yet?" or something like that.
[*]Have a TM booth at races where people can post/acquire TM information. Maybe volunteer hours at the TM booth go towards your hours?
[*]Ask the race directors to make an announcement about TM wherever there is a crowd ie. during the pre-race mtg, during award ceremonies, heck- even when you have 30 guys lined up on the start.

Great Ideas!
I can tell you that I will bring these above ones up at the next orgaziotional meeting we have for the Jungle Habitat race.
The announcements one will be easy enough to do so that should not be an issue. ( As long as I get a working mic for next year) :D
Next time I run into one of the JORBA folks I will hit them up about putting it up in their tent at the race.
The banner is a Great idea as well. the one and only issue with that is who flips the bill for the banner? I vote for it to come out of a community fund from the race directors budget.
Something tells me the talk it up one is covered:)
Fliers are a great Idea but they could create a trash issue.

How about a banner that has the link to a website that has a calendar of trail maintence dates? eg. www.mtbnj.com/forum/TMdays...blablabla

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just an FYI from a beginner racer- in speaking with other beginner woman at one of the races NONE OF THEM except for me knew about TM and I only knew b/c I have friends who had been racing for a while. A few people I spoke with had heard about it but didnt really understand how many points you got, how to get hours, etc. I would make an educated guess that, outside of the hardcore racers who come out often, the people who are on this site and the like, many people don't really know about TM in general.

A few ideas: Hate 'em or love 'em. I'm not even sure who would be in charge of doing some of these things, just thought I'd put them out there.
  • Post TM dates on the H2H Series Campmor site. Or make TM a huge, bold, large type, flashy item on the site.
  • Ask for email when registering for an H2H race (optional of course) and then email people with upcoming TM, reminding them to do it.
  • TALK IT UP!
  • Hang a banner/poster at races that reads "Have you done your TM yet?" or something like that.
  • Have a TM booth at races where people can post/acquire TM information. Maybe volunteer hours at the TM booth go towards your hours?
  • Ask the race directors to make an announcement about TM wherever there is a crowd ie. during the pre-race mtg, during award ceremonies, heck- even when you have 30 guys lined up on the start.
  • POST TM HOURS AS THEY ARE DONE! (Or as soon as the guy who has to type them in has time. :) ) This way, at the very least, people will say- oh what are those points from? What is TM?
Just my two cents- I didn't sit down and think it all through so go easy just wrote what I brainstormed, hope it helps! :eek:

Sharon,

Great post. I'll do my best to make sure the right people see this (if they haven't already) and hopefully some/all of this comes into play next year.

Without a doubt, posting the hours as they are done is a no-brainer. Nothing will encourage people to get in their hours more than seeing that rival Bob is 98 points ahead!

Perhaps someone should summarize all the good suggestions in this thread and fire off an email to that appropriate people.

MonkeyBoy,

We have a calendar here, I do the weekly report which also lists TM sessions, and Jorba has a calendar here.

Also, your point about "who pays?" is dead on.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Banners are free if you know the right people. That one will be easy enough to get donated.

xc62701

• TALK IT UP!

Stay with the trends...just have a "Got TM?" banner..

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Team Sponsor Information

I know some of you want to make sure your sponsors get mentioned in the final standings. The scorekeeper does not have your team/sponsor info, so feel free to email that information to him. Better yet, If you are on a team, maybe have 1 person make a list of the team and what class they are in, and send it to the scorekeeper.

Thanks, and see you at the awards ceremony ! :)

S

Shar0se

I know some of you want to make sure your sponsors get mentioned in the final standings. The scorekeeper does not have your team/sponsor info, so feel free to email that information to him. Better yet, If you are on a team, maybe have 1 person make a list of the team and what class they are in, and send it to the scorekeeper.

Thanks, and see you at the awards ceremony ! :)
When/where is the dinner? Where can we get information about that?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
When/where is the dinner? Where can we get information about that?

That has not been finalized yet. In the past it was in early December, but that may not be able to happen this year because of the location change and the size of group we have grown to. Check back in a week or two. Maybe an early January event.

S

Shar0se

That has not been finalized yet. In the past it was in early December, but that may not be able to happen this year because of the location change and the size of group we have grown to. Check back in a week or two. Maybe an early January event.
Great, thanks Ellen!

Glancing Aft

Call me a web troll and flame me all you want,
but the fact is simple, today marks a month since the Ringwood race and the "official" results from that race and the overall series results have still not been posted on the campmor website. http://www.campmor.com/html/h2h.shtml

I've posted it on here before and will again, this is from the H2H 2007 Series Rules:
15. Results will be posted on the individual promoter’s website and the Campmor site within one week of the completion of the race. Please give the promoters time to enter all the information and post the results.

That is one week, not one month, I really think this needs to be improved for next year. I love doing the series, but something does have to change with the results!

xc62701

Call me a web troll and flame me all you want,
but the fact is simple, today marks a month since the Ringwood race and the "official" results from that race and the overall series results have still not been posted on the campmor website. http://www.campmor.com/html/h2h.shtml

I've posted it on here before and will again, this is from the H2H 2007 Series Rules:
15. Results will be posted on the individual promoter’s website and the Campmor site within one week of the completion of the race. Please give the promoters time to enter all the information and post the results.

That is one week, not one month, I really think this needs to be improved for next year. I love doing the series, but something does have to change with the results!

It's posted on the teambulldog.com site. I know it should still be posted on Campmor.com as well.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Has anyone had luck getting in touch with the WMBA guys? They left my USA cycling number off the results and have yet to update it. Any ideas on who to contact?

Top Bottom