H2H series prizes

Pokgirl

Spork
Does anyone know what the prizes are for the H2H series winners in sport class (1st through 3rd)? Is it only a jersey for 1st, or do they award prizes for 2nd and 3rd? I didn't find anything listed in the H2H rules.

Just wondering what we are killing ourselves for (besides the glory, of course!).

Related topic - $55 to enter Mt Snow Nationals, but I haven't yet found what the prizes are in sport, how deep they award, etc. Anybody know?

Thx

Oreo

Does anyone know what the prizes are for the H2H series winners in sport class (1st through 3rd)? Is it only a jersey for 1st, or do they award prizes for 2nd and 3rd? I didn't find anything listed in the H2H rules.

Just wondering what we are killing ourselves for (besides the glory, of course!).

Related topic - $55 to enter Mt Snow Nationals, but I haven't yet found what the prizes are in sport, how deep they award, etc. Anybody know?

Thx

Most Sport racers are recreational racers and dont really do it for the prizes, you'll probably get a medal and a swag from the promoter but thats about it and its usually 3 deep. We kill ourselves to test our limits in racing and knowing how far we can go with the amount of work we put in during training, if you want cash prizes, dominate your category then move up to expert and up, you'll see how intense the competition is when prizes are involved.

Pokgirl

Spork
Most Sport racers are recreational racers and dont really do it for the prizes, you'll probably get a medal and a swag from the promoter but thats about it and its usually 3 deep. We kill ourselves to test our limits in racing and knowing how far we can go with the amount of work we put in during training, if you want cash prizes, dominate your category then move up to expert and up, you'll see how intense the competition is when prizes are involved.

There are a couple dates where Root 66 and H2H conflict. I have to decide which series to stick with. It's so hard to choose, so I thought maybe the dream of some series swag would sway me... The Root 66 prizes are clear; H2H not so much... :hmmm:

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider

Beginner and Sport - Medals 1 - 5. 1st place gets the stars and stripes Jersey. Pros - Cash and 1st gets the stars and stripes Jersey.

M

mtbjeff

H2H series is sponsered by campmor but each individual race is sponsered and run by a local shop or group. Because of this all you can count on is 1st - 3rd medals in sport and mabey some swag. Sport is about fun and testing each other. Even in expert no one is financing their racing through results.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Her question wasn't what the prizes were for each race but for the series as a whole. I'm curious as well, though I'm sure it ain't $$ for sport and beginners. Were there trophies, medals, $$, etc given at the awards banquet last year?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Yes, the H2H series awards medals to top 3 finishers in all classes, plus first place finishers receive a super cool trophy for beginner and a series champion jersey for Sport, Expert and Pro.

And just a heads up to racers: Do not judge the results by who is leading now. Many racers in the lead will move up to the next category after Mt Snow and then there are mechanicals, injuries, burn-out, and paydirt. Almost anything can happen in a series. It rewards the best overall, not always the fastest.

Hope to see you next weekend. It could be the biggest race of the series! :getsome:

RNG1

Good point, along the same lines I was looking at the standings and was thinking that because it is currently based on all races so far, the fact that the lowest score will be dropped makes a whole different scenario as well. There are racers that only have 3 completed races that are far down that once the one that was not raced gets eliminated it changes the entire standings. I do have a question about that however, if the lowest score in a race is dropped as it is based on 7 races, is it safe to say that (if maximum pay dirt is achieved) that the second to lowest score will be replaced by the 5th (pay dirt) score? Or are all 7 counted and the pay dirt added to the entire series score? Hope the question makes sense as I worded it.
Thanks.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The Paydirt points are a bonus added to your overall score...They do not replace any of your race points...

-Jim.

RNG1

Thanks, that does change what I was thinking in my interpretation of what I read as part of the rules of the series.

RNG1

I hear ya, I just posted to see when the dates are in July as I have to plan for these with the family as much as I have to plan for a race!

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
, is it safe to say that (if maximum pay dirt is achieved) that the second to lowest score will be replaced by the 5th (pay dirt) score? Or are all 7 counted and the pay dirt added to the entire series score? Hope the question makes sense as I worded it.
Thanks.

Rules on Jorba site:
Any racer competing in the H2H/Campmor series can earn points equivalent to 1 extra 5th place finish in the series. Racers must work a minimum of 10 hours of trail maintenance at a JORBA event*. These extra points can make or break those folks in the top positions of the race series, and its made second place finishers take the top spot due to the trail work they put in. Will this give you an edge on the folks that do not participate in trail work? You bet it does! However, this participation allows racers to give back to their sport and achieve a level of satisfaction only accomplished through trail work. You also help keep the trails "tip-top", and "what would we do without trails"?

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I hear ya, I just posted to see when the dates are in July as I have to plan for these with the family as much as I have to plan for a race!

Art and I may not be able to work at Ringwood in July because of scheduling. We did 3 days in June instead. August work dates will not be posted for a month or so.

Jungle Habitat is July 13. They usually work for 3 hours. Check the Jorba site calendar for other locations if needed. Monthly work continues at JH, South Mountain and Allaire. Chimney Rock has been looking for more volunteers also.

RNG1

Thanks for all the info, June was insane with all my commitments with the kids and so on, July looks like it will be easier to manage with the series on a break. Either way I will definitely get some TM time in and hope to get my son to come out as well.

Top Bottom