H2H Races

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
The first H2H race is coming up soon. Go and enjoy a nice flowy course!

https://www.bikereg.com/march-mayhem-mountain-bike-race

MAYHEM RETURNS IN 2016... as Race #1 in the H2H MTB Race Series!

There are some additions and modifications to the categories but other than that Mayhem remains the early season race to kickoff your 2016 race year. This year's course grew to about 5.75 miles per lap with some new sections. In addition, we have added a Junior First-Timers category for those who have not raced or are not quite ready for a Cat 3 race. So get ready to stretch out those legs with this early season tune-up in the New Jersey Pine Barrens.

All Registrants get a chance to win Fuji Bighorn 27.5 +1.3 Mountain Bike (MSRRP $1900.00) which will be announced at the end of the event thanks to our event sponsor Fuji!

The YMCA Camp Ockanickon offers a great venue for the second edition of the March Mayhem Mountain Bike Race. The course has single track (there are roots), double track and fire road along with bridge crossings, a gravel and railroad tie step descent and a short but pitched hill climb and descent. This year's edition includes the area known as "The Village."

The race is currently rain or shine.

The origin of this race continues by getting out and having fun by encouraging those new to the sport to experience the race atmosphere on a relatively non-technical course but still introducing them to terrain they may encounter as they progress, and by providing seasoned racers a fast venue to get their legs a tune-up as their race seasons begin.

Pre-Registration only.... Last years race sold out so register today!

Thank you and Spread the Mayhem!

Course.png

Course video teaser (courtesy of Gerry Creighton):

Follow us on Facebook at:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/March-Mayhem-Mountain-Bike-Race-372015/1481993902082367

Last edited:

Dominique

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Do they have one day racing licenses for purchase on race day? Or is that purchased over BikeReg.com?

I don't think it is a USAC sanctioned race, so you wouldn't need a race license for this one.
Last year the race sold out, so I would try to pre-reg at bikereg.com, because there may not be any day of registration.

jimmy g

Just signed up for the fat bike race at March Mayhem. It seems they have allotted us ( and the whole sport class) a whole hour to do three 5.75 mile laps.
Seems a bit of an ambitious pace

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
You will be on course when cat1 starts buy likely far enough into your last lap to not see them. Its a fast course. I'm sure Chris will handle it well, there was no issue last year.

Tonggi

Registered for the race. Big field of 30 racers for now. Age 19-39. Funny the other classes have hardly any people yet they group the biggest field together.

RobW

reg'd

Registered for the race. Big field of 30 racers for now. Age 19-39. Funny the other classes have hardly any people yet they group the biggest field together.
it looks like that this is the new age group. it used to be 19-29 and30-39. can someone answer if this will remain for the whole series?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like races 1-3 & 6 are 19-39. 4 & 5 are split.... At least that's how bikereg has em all now...

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Looks like races 1-3 & 6 are 19-39. 4 & 5 are split.... At least that's how bikereg has em all now...

http://www.h2hrace.com/info/rules-regulations

Cat 3 Men: Junior 10-14, Junior 15-18, Senior 19-39, Master 40-49, 50+
Cat 3 Women: Junior 12-18, Senior 19-39, Master 40+
Cat 2 Men: Junior 10-14, 15-18, Senior 19-39, Master 40-49, 50+
Cat 2 Women: Junior 12-18, Senior 19-39, Master 40+
Cat 2 Singlespeed Open: Same distance as Cat 2; must be a Cat 2
Open Men 60+: Open to any category; must be 60 years or older; will do Cat 2 laps
Fat Bike: Open to any category, except Pros; will do Cat 2 laps; must have tires at least 3.8” wide (as marked on sidewall)
Cat 1 Men: Junior 15-18, Senior 19-39, Master 40-49, Master 50 +
Cat 1 Women: Jr/Sr 15-39, Master 40+
Cat 1 Singlespeed Open: Same distance as Cat 1; must hold a Cat 1 license; no Pros
Cat 1/Pro Women Open: Open (must hold a USA Cycling Cat 1 or Pro license)
Cat 1/Pro Men Open: Open (must hold a USA Cycling Cat 1 or Pro license)

Tonggi

Weird how they do classes. I can understand how difficult it can be. I know my brother in law does the road and its masters 45+ cat 4. and all ages cat 4. I guess I can't complain! :p

This will be fun, did last year and hopefully Im better prepared than last year since I was dying the whole time.

Top Bottom