H2H Race 6 "The Chain Stretcher"

wmbarace

Here is the map. Come get some. Long race course this year. 9 mile laps. Lots of new stuff that has never been in the race before. Tons of single track. Think you have the skills.....:D

maprace.jpg

www.wmba.org <---- come ride with us !!!!

Chris
wmbarace@yahoo.com

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Best singletrack of the entire H2H series right there. This year's course is mind-blowing with the inclusion of "My Favorite Trail," which they can finally include since the dirt road you cross to get there was closed to traffic this year.

Absolutely worth making the drive up from Jersey for...

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Best singletrack of the entire H2H series right there. This year's course is mind-blowing with the inclusion of "My Favorite Trail," which they can finally include since the dirt road you cross to get there was closed to traffic this year.

Absolutely worth making the drive up from Jersey for...
Fast and swoopy? Rocky and techy? All of the above?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
As i said before, this place is about as much fun as you can have on a bike. I'll be there & hope I don't kill myself on this course.

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
As i said before, this place is about as much fun as you can have on a bike.

That pretty much sums it up. Miles of singletrack built by mountain bikers specifically for mountain bikers. Some of it is wickedly technical, all of it has seriously great flow. It's a test of technical skill, endurance, and heart. The course will beat you up, but it's so fun to ride, you won't notice the pain. Bring your "A" game.

I know it's late notice, but we're riding the course tomorrow (Sunday) at 8 am if anyone wants a preview...

Eileen

Just noticed something :hmmm:

The flyer on wmba has the start times as beginner- 9:00, sport- 10:30 and expert- 1:00

Bikereg has the start times as beginner- 8:00, sport- 9:45 and expert- 12:45

xc6801

I noticed that too, and emailed the event coordinator and have yet to get a response. If anyone hears back on that, let me know.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just noticed something :hmmm:

The flyer on wmba has the start times as beginner- 9:00, sport- 10:30 and expert- 1:00

Bikereg has the start times as beginner- 8:00, sport- 9:45 and expert- 12:45

That explains why Kirt and I disagreed on the start time this morning when we were talking about it.

jeffstick

JORBA: Waywayanda
JORBA.ORG
chainstretcher start times

I wouldn't count on anyone starting on time except for the beginners. There is no way all beginners will be off that course in an hour and a half for sport to start at 10:30. I road it today and it is very tough and technical and in talkiing to some fast expert riders they are saying 50-58 minuites per lap. I think you will see beginners out there over 2 hours. You have to remember that in order to turn a lap an hour you have to average 9.2 miles an hour and on that tight twisty technical single track it will be very hard to do even for the best riders. I don't think many if any sport riders will be in under 2 hours.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wouldn't count on anyone starting on time except for the beginners. There is no way all beginners will be off that course in an hour and a half for sport to start at 10:30. I road it today and it is very tough and technical and in talkiing to some fast expert riders they are saying 50-58 minuites per lap. I think you will see beginners out there over 2 hours. You have to remember that in order to turn a lap an hour you have to average 9.2 miles an hour and on that tight twisty technical single track it will be very hard to do even for the best riders. I don't think many if any sport riders will be in under 2 hours.

Good stuff, thanks for the feedback. If I do actually make this race I'll pack a suitcase.

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
Hey Jeff- I'm fairly sure Chris has a plan to make sure things run on time, since he knows how long the laps are going to run. With the long course, they could start the following class while the tail end of the previous class is finishing up, and still wouldn't see much if any overlap. I trust he'll come up with something to make sure people start on time. No matter what, though, it's going to be a long race. Everyone's definitely getting their money's worth with great singletrack.

One hour laps are going to be tough to maintain. Much respect to any expert who can turn in a third lap under an hour! ;)

The difficulty in this course is threefold- a dozen or so sadistically technical spots (all 100% rideable if you've got the skills), a significant amount of vertical (est. over 1500 feet of climbing per lap), and the way it flows- there's tons of small ups and downs, so there's no real time to recover.

Out of 9 miles of trail, the carriage roads make up a mile or less of the course. It's VERY singletrack heavy, and benefits the folks who like to ride trails over the guys who like to hammer the fireroads... ;)

wmbarace

beginners at 9

sport at 10:30 - 11:00 ish

expert pro at 1:00

We will start sports with beginners still out on the course. The way we have the start finish this is not a problem. Same for Experts. Sports will make up a signficant amount of the racers +/- 50% Getting them out and spaced out correctly is of utmost importance to make the race run smooth. We have had very smooth run races the past years. This one will go smooth as well. Just going to be a little longer.

As Jamie said above. This is a course that will favor the mountain biker versus roadies that turn big gears. Bring your skillz and pack a lunch.

Best of all, we are showcasing what I think is some of the best singletrack around. I am sure you will enjoy it. (at least the first lap. second and third laps could be a bi@#$)

Chris
wmbarace@yahoo.com

Last edited:

jeffstick

JORBA.ORG
I wasn't knocking the course at all. I agree it is a mtn bikers course and will take on the challenge. I just hope it stays dry for the race. As with any race my thinking is just keep moving forward.

jbogner

JORBA.ORG
I just hope it stays dry for the race.

I think we all hope for the same. It's nice that the race is in Sept. instead of Oct. this year- better odds of avoiding the rain.

If the weather.com forecast for this week holds true, we could have the opposite issue- a course that's dry and dusty... ;)

jeffstick

JORBA.ORG
I think we all hope for the same. It's nice that the race is in Sept. instead of Oct. this year- better odds of avoiding the rain.

If the weather.com forecast for this week holds true, we could have the opposite issue- a course that's dry and dusty... ;)

I have to say I would prefer dry and dusty on that course.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I would say the beginners are going to take more time than any other H2H race thus far this season, even if the second Stewart race was a couple miles longer. There might be 30 logs to bump over/jump over, and I think maybe half the beginners will be walking over them.

Oh, I may be one of those beginners walking over some of the bigger technical bumps/drops/climbs, but having ridden the course for the first time today, I'm still excited to race. It's going to be hard, but fun.

Top Bottom