H2H Race #3 Rumble in the Jungle Pictures

gtluke

The Moped
LOU @soulchild with the holeshot. Looking good.
DSC_3035-X3.jpg

Alex @2Julianas acing the jungle with a feather in her cap. Macaroni.
DSC_3097-X3.jpg

So I f'ed up lou's second lap. It's okay, he fell 4 times at this point by now but the ambulance wasn't for him.
DSC_3178-X3.jpg

Alex again.
DSC_3226-X3.jpg

soulchild

That second lap picture would have been my favorite shot you've ever taken of me though I had zero interest in being on my bike at that point (or really at any point beyond 10 minutes in). I am sad, but you are still awesome.

gtluke

The Moped
@Chris26er while he still had 2 hand grips on his bike.
DSC_3276-X3.jpg

Kirt on the power
DSC_3278-X3.jpg

@pearl I dunno wtf he's doing with his shirt here but I think he's wearing a worn out wifebeater.
Don't you know scalpels are deal pearl? Time for a tallboy.
DSC_3286-X3.jpg

@pooriggy killing it on teh SS G2 like it's 2004
DSC_3298-X3.jpg

I fucked up clapper's pic. @dc29 wtf why won't his SN pop up for me. arg.
DSC_3300-X3.jpg

CHILLIN on teh SS after a week of binge drinking.
okay nobody's name is popping up for me. ARG
DSC_3301-X3.jpg

@Norm riding caboooooose.
DSC_3304-X3.jpg

@muddybike on a clean bike. Sweet seeing kristine on a bike suited for her speed now. and absolutely destroying out there. wish the photographer didn't ruin the pic with bad timing with the fist covering the face.
DSC_3308-X3.jpg

@Robin killing it TWENTY SEVEN FIVE MAFIA.
This is serious face Robin. She mentioned as she roared by that she took a nasty spill on otter slide. So not serious face enough to fly by silent.
DSC_3324-X2.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
@Kirt cruisin his 2nd lap
DSC_3346-X2.jpg

JP doin the same. The heckler looked like a mess coming through and I told pearly that which I think excited him a bit. then pearly's bike blew up. Friends don't let friends ride shimano hubs.
DSC_3369-X2.jpg

Kristine ripping through again. someone told me that she helped her son with his homework somewhere over by cages on the 2nd lap.
DSC_3370-X2.jpg

CHILLIN
sorry these pictures are boring. the damn sun was blaring through the trees and it leaves me little ability to get fancy and the damn shade the trees make can really f up the shot.
DSC_3371-X2.jpg

This is when I notice that 26er is dead.
Hi Dave Clapper
DSC_3372-X2.jpg

@Norm not in last place
DSC_3376-X2.jpg

Here we go. At this point I tried to pay attention and I was fairly certain @Robin was winning. And now we have happy face Robin. Awesome.
So after she cruises by I text her hubby @HeavyMetaLance that "I think Robin's winnin"
His reply
"Oh sweet that's what she said she wanted to do"
I chuckled
And then for like the next 15 minutes I kept laughing at how perfect of a Lance response that was and how funny it was. Good once lance. My kind of humor.
DSC_3390-X2.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
So at this point I'm starving, and I run out to the parking lot and I had planned on giving up for the day, sitting in the woods alone blows.
but then I ran into Aly and Aaron of the Courain Train. @axcxnj @ajcourain and I see how many beginners there are and how psyched they are. So I go BACK to the car, get my gear, and try and set up again. Totally F'd that spot up.
But I did catch @Robin on her 3rd lap. Judging by this picture of sad face Robin someone told her that the Easter bunny isn't real somewhere on Warthog. Robin living up to the "the girl with the face" moniker at Jungle. @pinkshirtphotos
DSC_3430-X2.jpg

@Dominique found happiness in the dirt. As she came through she said her clete was busted and if there was anything she could do about it. I said sorry no.
But then I saw @Norm and told him she needed a shoe, as D approached up the start/finish area for lap 2 and a really nice lady nearby took off her shoe and swapped with D right on the spot!
Now that's awesome! So D got to finish with a cleat that worked and possibly some foot fungus but it's worth it.
Then I dropped my crap back at the car again, and headed up and finally got some damn tacos and ate them all while chatting with you fine people.
Lovely day at Jungle.
Thanks @Team Town Cycle and @Bleeder and all you fine folks out in West Milford who build the greatest asset we have in mountain biking.

Slugger

I <3 seeing you bored and alone in the woods. It reminds me that I could be bored and alone and not killing myself on some rocks and trees because someone convinced me it is "fun." Besides, you make me laugh.

Even if you didn't actually put my second shot in with the cat 1s. I WAS LEADING THEM!!!

gtluke

The Moped
I <3 seeing you bored and alone in the woods. It reminds me that I could be bored and alone and not killing myself on some rocks and trees because someone convinced me it is "fun." Besides, you make me laugh.

Even if you didn't actually put my second shot in with the cat 1s. I WAS LEADING THEM!!!

Aaaahahhaha I forgot!
At least now I know who you are on the board here now!

seanrunnette

Brain Damaged Ray Romano
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Was I the only one who thought it was hot? I was drinking my own sweat.
In that pic, your Camelbak hose appears attached to your nipple. Is that a pro thing?
@gtluke - excellent work as always. Thanks for going back in, and for the play-by-play.

Top Bottom