H2H Mooch Madness 4/17/2016

question on Cat 3 loop, i have 2 young riders that are Registered in Cat3 JR. I was thinking of taking them down to pre ride after school thurs or Fri. Is this possible/allowed? access ?
finaly, cat 3 jr, 1,2,or 3 laps on the cat3 loop?
thanks for any info. never been down this way.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
question on Cat 3 loop, i have 2 young riders that are Registered in Cat3 JR. I was thinking of taking them down to pre ride after school thurs or Fri. Is this possible/allowed? access ?
Should be able to ride it at your own discression. I'm thinking one lap.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Somewhere in one of these threads, @mattybfat indicated that pre-riding would be allowed during the week. I don't know about late friday, it is a scout camp....just be considerate, and i'm
sure there will not be a problem - esp with kids.

So far, @Norm is leaning towards two laps (also mentioned somewhere, so i'm not making it up!) - this will probably put the race in the 45-50 minute range for many.
I'm going to try to ride it wed or thursday. will post a bit more about it.

thanks, looks like we may have to wait till next year. thinking it may be just a bit to long and techy for 10 year olds riding first solo race, thats is not a "kids course" still may try to check it out wed or thurs tho.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
thanks, looks like we may have to wait till next year. thinking it may be just a bit to long and techy for 10 year olds riding first solo race, thats is not a "kids course" still may try to check it out wed or thurs tho.

def check it out - kids are very resilient.
The other riders will be encouraging them too.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Maybe. If the kids are 10 years old then just come out and I'll give them a number for free, no need to pay. Tell them they get a 1 lap race, just for them. I can't guarantee a medal or anything but if you bring a 10 year old I'll do what I can to make the experience good for them.

Norm, that is very cool, maybe ill bring them to just ride 1 lap then. they really want to race, my fault for not researching the course better. they are registered already online.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm, that is very cool, maybe ill bring them to just ride 1 lap then. they really want to race, my fault for not researching the course better. they are registered already online.

All good. I mean it's odd that you are posting this at like exactly the same time another friend of the site registered his 2 kids for the race, roughly same ages. I would ask if you are Dave but I know you have been down this way.

So if nothing else there will be those other kids there to race.

Stef

❤ Brownie Biatch ❤
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
My kids (11/12) did cat 3 loop with no issues

sasquatch2

can I sandbag down to cat2 since no U-SAC license is required to race? I haven't renewed my cat1 license or raced in a couple of years, thinking fatbike category for maximum fun!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
can I sandbag down to cat2 since no U-SAC license is required to race? I haven't renewed my cat1 license or raced in a couple of years, thinking fatbike category for maximum fun!
Sounds like you should sign up for the open fat class then. We need fatbike racers.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

You don't need a license to race cat 1 in this race. Just a license to drive there.

Top Bottom