H2H Categories

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Please fill out the appropriate pre-hug requisition forms first, in triplicate.

images.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When you sign up for the races is the USAC fee include or is it extra? Thank you.

You'll need to either buy a 1-day license or buy a USAC yearly license. The race fee does not include USAC charges.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thank you sir! Just got a USAC #. How is this handled day of race? Thanks again.

Honestly it's been so long since I have run a USAC race, I have no idea. I think we're supposed to check your license but if you find me, I'll probably just give you a number plate and offer you coffee.

Download the USAC app. It makes your life a lot easier.

terrabike01

You'll need to either buy a 1-day license or buy a USAC yearly license. The race fee does not include USAC charges.
I think they need to clarify that. I may be wrong, but on the Bike Reg for the 1st H2H race, they state the license fee is included in the race fee.

From Bike Reg- "Mayhem return as the first race in the H2H MTB Racing Series and remains the early season race to kick off your 2018 race year. For 2018, Mayhem is being held under USA Cycling event permit 2018-555. All Cat 1/Pro categories require an annual USA Cycling Mountain Bike license. All other categories must have either an annual USA Cycling Mountain Bike License or a one-day license, which is included in your fee. Day-of registration is $10.00 additional. No day-of for endurance category."

It doesn't look like any of the other H2H races have the USAC fee included in the race fee.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think they need to clarify that. I may be wrong, but on the Bike Reg for the 1st H2H race, they state the license fee is included in the race fee.

From Bike Reg- "Mayhem return as the first race in the H2H MTB Racing Series and remains the early season race to kick off your 2018 race year. For 2018, Mayhem is being held under USA Cycling event permit 2018-555. All Cat 1/Pro categories require an annual USA Cycling Mountain Bike license. All other categories must have either an annual USA Cycling Mountain Bike License or a one-day license, which is included in your fee. Day-of registration is $10.00 additional. No day-of for endurance category."

It doesn't look like any of the other H2H races have the USAC fee included in the race fee.

I think when you "check out", they ask for your license number and if you don't have one you add the $10 fee to your cart. I may be wrong.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's

What Jeremy said. Pros need an annual license, other classes can purchase the day of licenses. These are either added to the cost at check out on BikeReg, or some other races in the series required you to bring $10 cash for race day number pick up.

Team Town Cycle

What Jeremy said. Pros need an annual license, other classes can purchase the day of licenses. These are either added to the cost at check out on BikeReg, or some other races in the series required you to bring $10 cash for race day number pick up.

Just to clarify, Pro's and Cat 1's need an annual license. Cat 1's, once a year, can buy what USAC calls an "Experienced One Day Race License" for $25. So, if you know you are just going to do a single USAC race, you can do that. From USAC - "Any former member with a racing category excluded by the Beginner One-day Race license is eligible to purchase an Experienced One-day Race license once per year." Must be done through USAC website. https://www.usacycling.org/resources/schedule-of-fees

Cat 2's and 3's can buy a one day for any race, unless you are looking to race at Nats (or get points to qualify for Nats), then you need an annual.

Clear as mud, I know.

onetracker

Long time listener, first time caller. What is the deal for H2H Endurance? Anyone can buy a one day license since the classes are open?

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Long time listener, first time caller. What is the deal for H2H Endurance? Anyone can buy a one day license since the classes are open?
Was just wondering this. Can we downgrade to Cat2 to buy a one day if we don't have any interest in doing tbe series.

terrabike01

Have a question about the point system. Do the lap races and the edurance races have a separate point systems? If you do say 3 endurance races and 4 lap races are you basically screwing yourself point wise at the end of the season?

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
Have a question about the point system. Do the lap races and the edurance races have a separate point systems? If you do say 3 endurance races and 4 lap races are you basically screwing yourself point wise at the end of the season?
XC and Endurance are different classes. Points you earn in XC count towards the XC title. Points you ear in endurance count towards the endurance title. Points do not get combined.

Top Bottom