Guy riding e-dirt bike in Ringwood

Cannonbill

All, was out yesterday and saw a guy riding an e-dirt bike in Ringwood, it was right by the new bridges in between Ringwood and Sterling.

It was not an e-bike, a little research showed it was likely a Segway or a Sun Roy. It is real quiet, but about as powerful as a 80cc/125cc dirtbike.

Seeing this bike out there I had two thoughts, 1. It was way too powerful for the single track. 2. It was dead quiet, it is going to be real hard to protect the trails from these new e-dirt Bikes.

i suspect he lives locally, he had no helmet or shit, ignored me when I told him the bike he was on was too powerful for the trails.

Anyone know the guy or see him?

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
All, was out yesterday and saw a guy riding an e-dirt bike in Ringwood, it was right by the new bridges in between Ringwood and Sterling.

It was not an e-bike, a little research showed it was likely a Segway or a Sun Roy. It is real quiet, but about as powerful as a 80cc/125cc dirtbike.

Seeing this bike out there I had two thoughts, 1. It was way too powerful for the single track. 2. It was dead quiet, it is going to be real hard to protect the trails from these new e-dirt Bikes.

i suspect he lives locally, he had no helmet or shit, ignored me when I told him the bike he was on was too powerful for the trails.

download the dep app - take a picture, and do not engage (for safety reasons)

thanks for reporting here.

serviceguy

If it can be of any consolation I have been passed with no warning by multiple quads and encountered dirt bike on the other side of RSP, around the six bridges/cat nest area. This on spite of the several park issued notices of no motorized vehicle allowed in the park. Sometimes it gets interesting looking at posts on the FB page of Ringwood Trail Crew...

Last edited:

Cannonbill

I live around the corner from Ryerson, called Ringwood PD just this afternoon for a quad racing up and down my street.

Mr.Moto

A guy coming down Old Morris Rd. near the greenhouse was on some kind of motorized bike. Had no shirt or helmet. Don't know who he is.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I saw a couple of these electric dirt bikes in Dickerson Mine a couple months ago...confused the hell out of me at first. No sound but throwing roost out of turns. They turned around and sped off before I even processed what they were so they obviously knew they were breaking rules.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions