Gurney Lane

The Kalmyk

Hey Folks,

Heading up to LG tonight with hopes to ride Gurney Lane with my son. Any clue how the trails recover from rain? Or, possibly a link to a more local source that will have a better understanding?

Thanks

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
message through FB?

Most trails are on the side of a hill - it does close for mud season in the spring.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
message through FB?

Most trails are on the side of a hill - it does close for mud season in the spring.

So they opened 2 new trails to keep you off the gravel to get to an area of trails in the rush pond area, is that correct? I never adventures down to these rush pond trails will have to check them out.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
We just rode there Tuesday, trails were in good shape. As Pat mentions, it's on a hill so the drainage should be good. How much rain they get today is another question.

Sven Migot

Gurney drains well. Guess it depends how much rain. I always wait a day or two after heavy rain. Not sure if I need to or not.
Rush Pond (aka Gurney Lane South) is really getting great and the new trails are a nice addition. There's a new unnamed trail marked with blue tape that's awesome. Starts at one on the intersections on the gravel path & goes toward 87. Then loops back. Nice switchbacks. Looks like tic was just built this summer.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rush pond, wow
Trail building here and gurney are tremendous.
First time in the rush pond section and it's a cross between pump and salom track. Super smooth twisty flow. Threw in some gurney also.

Can't wait to throw down again tomorrow.
Screenshot_20221112_211048.jpg

Top Bottom