• Rifle/Shotgun

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Both

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • None

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
all three for me.

Thorp, I'll own up to it: I hunt. No big deal to admit it all, but not everyone is comfortable with that kind of discussion.

I've run into many many people who try to argue with me about it and challenge me to defend my choice of hobby; its easier to just be "mum" about it until you get a feel for the crowd.

cheers

~A

Elle enjoys shooting and I think Jason said somthing about his fiance going next time. We are probably going to do a guys/girls shoot...hmmm maybe the first guys/gals ride this year will be followed up by some of what Elle and I call RTS (Rootin, Tootin, Shootin)

sounds good, pm or IM and let me know where and when, and what you'll be shooting - sporting clays or handguns. see ya

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i personally don't own any, but grew up around them and have no problems with them. once i'm officially settled somewhere, i might see fit to go about procuring a handgun.

Wobbegong

I love a good target shooting sessing. Since my favorite shooting center closed, I havent been to the range in a while. They would let me shoot black powder in their indoor range. What a sound that would make. I used to go to Rays on Rt. 22, but thats a bit of a ride of me. I want to take a trip this summer to the range at fort dix and do some long range rifle shooting. I've been itching to get some time behind my typewriter gun (Smith Corona 03-A3).

Last edited:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
could you legally travel to a range on a bicycle without a carry permit, as long as the firearm was in a locked case in a bag either on your back or bike?

ArmyOfNone

could you legally travel to a range on a bicycle without a carry permit, as long as the firearm was in a locked case in a bag either on your back or bike?

if its in a case i think you should be good. but i can check tonite at work...

NJ Jess

For Sport

I grew up in North Carolina. A lot of NRA down there. My dad was a big advocate for proper skills and proceedure. I didn't like the loud noise, so I didn't shoot. Believe it or not, this really upset my dad. He enjoyed the thought of the old country where Women protected the house, kids, and herds when the men were away.

So, I tried it. Gee, what an eye opener. Knowing how a gun fires and what it takes to hit your target made me realize most TV and Movie gun fights are so boggus.

As an Air Force Officer, I used an HK 9mm. The only person to out shoot me was the gun range officer. My dad was so proud.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i have both...though currently NOT in my house. right now only the BB gun resides here. but i have pellets so fawking watch out!

DD-

Black Powder anyone?

I have a 50 cal percussion cap which can be alot of fun to shoot.

It's cool to measure the charge instead of putting in a purchased shell :)

Next on the list is a shotgun, as soon as my firearm ID gets updated

D

DANSPANK

I've never shot a "real" gun. Air riffle and stuff like that, yes. But something meaty - no. I would give it a try but I wouldn't be a hunter - don't want to hurt the wittle fwuffy animals...

And don't try and rob my home coz I was the Welsh Tae Kwo Do champion back in the day so I'll kick your arse! (If you don't shoot me first...)

ArmyOfNone

I've never shot a "real" gun. Air riffle and stuff like that, yes. But something meaty - no. I would give it a try but I wouldn't be a hunter - don't want to hurt the wittle fwuffy animals...

And don't try and rob my home coz I was the Welsh Tae Kwo Do champion back in the day so I'll kick your arse! (If you don't shoot me first...)

Is there anything you do not do or havent done? You just keep pulling stuff out of your hat. :)

D

DANSPANK

My theory is that when Im a 115 year-old codger sat on my porch, popping peas, I want to be able to say that I've given as much as possible a shot. I hear a lot of people say/complain "I wish I'd done.... when I was younger" and just don't want to be like that.

Some people wantto do things and take their efforts to the top to be an expert in that field. I admire that but realise that I'm not going to want to put the effort/commitment in to becoming the best so content myself with giving it a go so that I can say that I've done it.

I think the year that I took the Welsh Championship for my age group (under 30 group) I was lucky in the fact that everyone else was crap! Also keep in mind that I was not olympic standard! I got a nice trophy and and a teeny, tiny mention in Combat magazine though!!

So, on my list is to shoot a real gun. I do it, then I've done it, then I'll move on to a bow and arrow. oh wait, I've done that!

SpartaBard

I have always wanted to try shooting, specifically long distance rifle, purely for the challenge, not for hunting.

Top Bottom