Gun Owners?

jimjo

I was going to sell my guns last year to buy a new bike and my wife said "no way, not the way this economy is going....we might need them". Sadly I think she was right.:eek:

actually these days... im hoping that i wont have to agree with her...

however i did convince her to let me get a pellet rifle so i can take care of the varmints that like to eat my tomatos

lou_b_83

however i did convince her to let me get a pellet rifle so i can take care of the varmints that like to eat my tomatos

If you get one get a Beemen. I love them.

Panhead

Just remember, you still need a firearm ID card for that bad boy. NY or PA has them just hanging on the wall. Welcome to NJ.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG

How loud are the pellet guns? Is it an airgun? I saw one called the Gamo Whisper which has a silencer! Pretty bad ass looking, but is it really needed?

jimjo

Just remember, you still need a firearm ID card for that bad boy. NY or PA has them just hanging on the wall. Welcome to NJ.

yeah i was planning on running it over the border... but whats involved in getting a ID card for a pellet gun?

I was looking at the GAMO whisper its got mixed reviews.. hardcore air rifle owners swear by the beeman or RWS but they are at a higher price point ....

i think ill start a poll

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
yeah i was planning on running it over the border... but whats involved in getting a ID card for a pellet gun?

I was looking at the GAMO whisper its got mixed reviews.. hardcore air rifle owners swear by the beeman or RWS but they are at a higher price point ....

i think ill start a poll

You have to get a Firearm ID card -- just the same as if you have a real rifle or shotgun. That includes fingerprints, references and a mental health check.

Suhr40

Most of the Beeman and RWS airguns are spring powered, just cock the lever and it's charged. They can still be fairly loud, especially the higher powered models. I have an HW77 carbine, which is fairly powerful and it's quieter than a .22 short. I also have a Benjamin Sheridan .22 pnuematic pump which is very quiet with 3 pumps but pretty loud at 8 pumps.
Gamo is a Spanish company and makes some decent guns. Beeman and RWS don't make anything, they just buy stuff from some German and English manufacturers and put their brand on it. Their stuff is top notch. I think RWS actually sells some Gamo guns as there own.
Airguns are treated exactly the same as "real" guns in NJ legally speaking. A pellet pistol requires a permit to purchase, and rifles require a firearms ID to purchase. Also, it may sound dumb, but anything that silences/suppresses sound from a gun is highly restricted in NJ, so be careful.
That being said, lots of out of state online stores still mail this stuff into NJ, with no questions asked. The responsibility to comply with the law lies with the purchaser.

gtluke

The Moped
Get to the gun store faster, CHANGE (tm) is coming! (in form of Nazi Germany gun rights)

Well, it is on the official whitehouse site now.

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

A "common sense", permanent ban on "assault weapons". Awesome.
CHANGE!™

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

MVMX

I was going to sell my guns last year to buy a new bike and my wife said "no way, not the way this economy is going....we might need them". Sadly I think she was right.:eek:

Get to the gun store faster, CHANGE (tm) is coming! (in form of Nazi Germany gun rights)

Well, it is on the official whitehouse site now.

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

A "common sense", permanent ban on "assault weapons". Awesome.
CHANGE!™

http://www.whitehouse.gov/agenda/urban_policy/

This is why a public inventory of your arsenal 'legal' or not is a bad idea.
Bad guys can read small words, and will become desperate.
When (not if) the Gov. crack down comes, I like the element of surprise in my pocket. Stock up on ammo now, as that's the commodity of the near future.

Hope for the Sig 40, it chambers nicer, fires a little cooler, nice inside the home pal. ;)

A range day would be nice, but its all crowded now.

my .02 only.

gtluke

The Moped
Retail on the .40 barrel is like $180 so I'm sure I'll get one soon. That and the .22LR conversion kit. I have fun at the .22 silhouette range with my mkii

C

CultureCouture

I don't own a gun....

but I shoot my friends' guns. My accuracy is impressive, but it gets boring for me quickly. Oh well...

3219064117_218eeb71e9.jpg

gtluke

The Moped
I get really bored at indoor ranges too. That's why I joined cherry ridge. It's outdoors and there are a bunch of different ranges there. You can walk around and try out different setups and share guns with everyone there and not feel pressured about your "hour" since you only pay an annual membership fee.

And it's not soccer mom's! It's 12 year old girls with pink guns that shoot much better than I do :(

Panhead

I was going to join there but around 15 years ago I ran into a member who was really into the whole Waco-Lyndon LaRoche-Ruby Ridge thing that was going down at the time with the Govt. I fugured to myself if this boob is passing flyers out on the job, what are his buddies doing.
BTW- If you list the guns that you own, it only helps the man know what there taking from who. The bad guys don't care who has what, never have and never will.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I was going to join there but around 15 years ago I ran into a member who was really into the whole Waco-Lyndon LaRoche-Ruby Ridge thing that was going down at the time with the Govt. I fugured to myself if this boob is passing flyers out on the job, what are his buddies doing.
BTW- If you list the guns that you own, it only helps the man know what there taking from who. The bad guys don't care who has what, never have and never will.

They know anyway -- in order to purchase legally in this state, everything has to be registered -- hell, even the BB guns have to be registered with the People's Republic of New Jersey.

Cherry Ridge is too far for me -- I live in Green Twp so Hackettstown is much closer. I wish I had oddles of property so I could shoot on my own private range, but I don't.

Panhead

They know anyway -- in order to purchase legally in this state, everything has to be registered -- hell, even the BB guns have to be registered with the People's Republic of New Jersey.
I know. Any state you go to that you have to show ID and a background check has a list, don't let the media and Govt fool you. Any state that has any type of registration or licensing just wants to know what you have when they come to take it. If it all was in the interest of public safety, all the southern states would have huge numbers of gun related crimes. Back in the 80's up in Vt. you could carry any where except in a municipal building, church, or bar. No permit required.

Suhr40

In NJ, each handgun purchased requires a separate permit. The ownership info gets entered into a database. The police can enter your name and see what handguns you own. Rifles and shotguns are different, in that they only require a firearms ID card to purchase, instead of an individual permit. The record of the sale of the rifle/shotgun is retained at the gun shop. These records can be examined and inspected by the police, but are not available via computer database. In other words, without a lot of legwork, the police will not know what rifles or shotguns you own, but he may know about your handguns before he walks up to your car.
And to stay balanced, consider most of the police don't have any desire to take legal guns away from people. The problem is that we keep electing law MAKERS that continuosly limit what is considered legal as a substitution for personal responsibility.

Top Bottom