Gun Owners?

walter

Fourth Party
I have a ruger mkII NRA
RugerNRAMKII.jpg

and to celebrate, I had the gun store order me this yesterday after picking up my gun permit which I submitted for on election day. I picked it out on Monday.

Sig 226 Stainless Elite, 9mm or 40, whichever they can get in first.
P226-elite-st-detail-L.jpg

you can no believe how hard it is right now to buy guns. NOBODY has ANYTHING in stock. I was at cabellas a few weeks ago and in bulk ammo the ENTIRE ISLE was empty. I have had 3 AR-15 lowers on order since election day, I can't get my hands on them.
I read somewhere that this has been the biggest boom sales in guns EVER.

What about the gun shows in Pa? You could probably find something there. I like the guys that have the grab bags, good times.

Stocky

I have one of these.
Colt 1911 GOLD CUP TROPHY 45 SS

colt_gold_cupss.jpg

The first Colt Gold Cup was introduced in the late 1950's to give competitive shooters a gun to take directly from the dealer's shelf to the firing line. It featured an adjustable wide trigger, hand-honed action, adjustable target sights, flat grooved top rib on the slide, and many other refinements as standard.
Today, the Colt Gold Cup Trophy is known as one of the finest shooting automatics in the world, and is the standard for competition guns. The Colt Gold Cup Trophy is accurized.
SPECS:
Finish: Stainless Steel Brushed
Grips: Pachmayr
Sights: Bomar Style-rear-Dovetail-front-w/white dot
Barrel Length: 5"
Overall Length: 8 1/2"
Weight: 39 oz
Additional Features : Round top slide/Adj.Aluminum Trigger, Elongated slot hammer, Beavertail safety

gtluke

The Moped
What about the gun shows in Pa? You could probably find something there. I like the guys that have the grab bags, good times.

I went, it was so overpriced it was ridiculous. I have my curoius and relics permit and the antique guns were moderately priced but I didn't buy one. I'm supposed to order a m1 garand soon.
god I hate NJ, m1 carbine is illegal here. how utterly stupid.

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Joe, I also have the Springfield Arms XD-40. & was also looking at an M-1 Garand (they have a good selction of WWII and prior weapons at the place on route 27 in Woodbridge. "the Firearms Guild?") I also have a M-4 carbine type (Bushmaster), and an old .22 bolt rifle. Has anyone seen the M1 socom?

gtluke

The Moped
get your garand right form CMP, you have to be a member of something though like a marksmanship program. I'm a member of the cherry ridge gun range and that counts. So does my curious and relics.
From CMP you get a much better price, but have to pay some store to recieve it for you. It's worth it.
Or drive to the sound and pick it up. heh

I have a ruger mkII NRA
RugerNRAMKII.jpg

and to celebrate, I had the gun store order me this yesterday after picking up my gun permit which I submitted for on election day. I picked it out on Monday.

P226-elite-st-detail-L.jpg

you can no believe how hard it is right now to buy guns. NOBODY has ANYTHING in stock. I was at cabellas a few weeks ago and in bulk ammo the ENTIRE ISLE was empty. I have had 3 AR-15 lowers on order since election day, I can't get my hands on them.

haha i actually have both those pistols and a 44 magnum. Guns are amazing machines. I as well hunt and have 20+ shotguns and a few rifles. My favorite gun as to be my dad's 308 dpms panther martin with a carbon fiber grip(ar-15). Well i dont own all the guns, my dad does, but we share all of them and i have boughten a few my self, but i think nothing can beat my Remington 870 express, it can be a shotgun and a rifle and it'll never break :getsome:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
get your garand right form CMP, you have to be a member of something though like a marksmanship program. I'm a member of the cherry ridge gun range and that counts. So does my curious and relics.
From CMP you get a much better price, but have to pay some store to recieve it for you. It's worth it.
Or drive to the sound and pick it up. heh

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. CMP is the way to go for the Garand. I am currently on the waiting list for Shongum in Hackettstown and they are a member of CMP. When I get in there, I will probably go for the service grade.

I am a relatively new gun owner. I got interested in shooting when I went down to Fort Benning, GA to do some live fire training for work. I had no idea of how much fun this could be and how important it is that we have this right to bear arms.

Last edited:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
I have a ruger mkII NRA

Both are beautiful weapons! My XD-40 is plain-jane next to those pistols, but it sure does shoot nicely.

lou_b_83

I have:
50 cal muzzle loader
22 bolt action
12 gauge pump
12 gauge semi
4/10 double barrel
32 pistol

I shot as much as I can.
Also looking to get a 300 win mag some time this year to do an elk hunt:rofl:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have:

Also looking to get a 300 win mag some time this year to do an elk hunt:rofl:

I used to have one when I lived in Utah. Really awesome gun....could turn watermelon sized rocks into driveway gravel :D

Wobbegong

If we were to try to set up a day for a group shoot, where would the best place be? I know Fort Dix has a range open to the public, but thats a bit south for you N. Jersey guys.

Even if it was in the spring, anyone have any ideas on a good public spot for all types of guns? :hmmm:

C.Puncher

If we were to try to set up a day for a group shoot, where would the best place be? I know Fort Dix has a range open to the public, but thats a bit south for you N. Jersey guys.

Even if it was in the spring, anyone have any ideas on a good public spot for all types of guns? :hmmm:

Colliers Mills has some nice ranges also.( New Egypt, N.J.)

Marlin .22 bolt action.
Wnchester .22 pump....1903
High Standard 12 guage pump

al415

Banned
Hello.
I don't "own" any of mine, but they all come home and stay with me.

Glock 23
H&K UMP 45
Colt M4

I think there might be a S&W .38 around here somewhere too ;)

I guess if I retired to Colorado or somewhere like that I'd buy a gun of my own. Luckily for me guns don't have the same gee-whiz effect on me that bicycles do.

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Colliers Mills has some nice ranges also.( New Egypt, N.J.)

I might be wrong but they are closed unless you are military or popo. Assunpink is still operational.

My suggestion would be a day of sporting clays - fun, safe, inexpensive and easily accessable.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG

Here are shooting ranges available in NJ:

http://www.funnewjersey.com/upload_user/Different_Outdoor_adventures_NJ/SHOOTING_RANGES_NJ.HTM

Note: For the public ranges, "muzzleloaders" include .22 rimfire rifles, as well.
Public ranges require one person in the party have a hunting license.

In PA, I have gone to the Sunset Range (Outdoor) near Tannersville -- pretty basic, but cheap and I have gone to the Pocono Firing Range (Indoor) in Stroudsburg, which is very nice but a little more expensive. You can shoot anything at Tannersville and you even "rent" bigger weapons (which is where I fell in love with the Garand). You can rent pistols at both ranges.

Last edited:
Top Bottom