GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheel Info

rick81721

Lothar
My Shelby saga - at the dealer. They just called and Ford authorized motor replacement. It's scheduled to arrive Wednesday, might have the car back by the weekend! Hopefully this one only sips the occasional cup of oil instead of guzzling it by the quart. From the mustang board it sounds like they are taking motors from 2019 production line, and there are supposedly some tweaks done internally. We shall see

Mountain Bike Mike

My Shelby saga - at the dealer. They just called and Ford authorized motor replacement. It's scheduled to arrive Wednesday, might have the car back by the weekend! Hopefully this one only sips the occasional cup of oil instead of guzzling it by the quart. From the mustang board it sounds like they are taking motors from 2019 production line, and there are supposedly some tweaks done internally. We shall see

Oh no... find out if you can keep the original motor... resale value and collectibility will drop significantly without the original motor..

@UtahJoe would you concur?

Edit - or maybe a select set of dealers have mechanics with the abikity to work on those motors rather than do a full motor swap.

Last edited:

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Oh no... find out if you can keep the original motor... resale value and collectibility will drop significantly without the original motor..

Edit - or maybe a select set of dealers have mechanics with the abikity to work on those motors rather than do a full motor swap.
no its being done by ford, and its the exact same motor....and Rick's car isnt a wrapper car...meaning he drives it so maybe one days its not going to be worth what an untouched 517 mile original car might be, but I dont think it would effect its value otherwise....There were tons of shelby hurst GT-350s that had their engines stolen, didnt effect their values much. .And its not like someone at the dealer is doing machine work to the engine...it is a complete engine swap.

Plus, matching number engine/chassis...that wasnt really a ford thing...at least back in the day. My mustang has no VIN number that Id's it to my chassis. Chevy would do that with something like a ls6 chevelle...so that the only way you could know if the car was an original ls6 ss chevelle is by its original engine. My car...any 390 built prior to the build date of my car would qualify as "original"

And I HIGHLY doubt they would let rick keep it as they wouldnt want something that they are replacing as "defective" out in the world.

rick81721

Lothar

Dude no way. They aren't letting anyone keep them - they go back for diagnostic tear down. I don't care about resale because I don't plan on selling it but yeah, collector value will probably drop.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
if the exhaust is tuned, won't this mess things up?

where are the side outlets?

rick81721

Lothar
Back in business. Amazingly the dealer was able to replace it, do a few miles of test driving, no dents or scratches and she is not throwing any codes. 100 miles of ring-seating breakin then another 900 of not taking it to the track.

20190211_154407.jpg

Top Bottom