Grrrllll Ride at Jungle Habitat 11/6 10am

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
We're on!!!!
Woo Hoo!!!!

I just got clearance. The MIL is watching the kids!
(Good thing cause at the rate we're going with atrocious behavior, I'd eat them by then. Grrrr!)

I'm okay with well behaved guys attending.

Main lot, Airport Rd.
PM me for any questions.
See y'all there!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Looks like I will be there, as long as the weather holds out...

Babysitters ROCK!!!!

Rain, rain, go away.
Don't come back 'til... next Tuesday.

I've given up on believing the forcasters.
I find a chant like the one above is effective more often than the weatherman is correct.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Okay gang, here's the word...

JH is notoriously good at holding moisture. Add in heavy, wet, slippery leaf cover on the trails, it will not be rideable.

BUT if the rain tapers I have a plan... :scared: yes, you should be scared.

Jungle Habitat is truly a treasure and I'm gonna tell you why... You know JH has miles of tight, technical, fun and twisty singletrack but since it was once a drive through safari park, it also has miles and miles and miles of 20-year old neglected roadway twisting through the entire thing. It's car-less roadway... hard to damage after rain roadway... "we can still get the heck out of the house and away from the kids for a couple hours" roadway.

There are more than enough hills in there to get some good training in and I'm sure we can find a log or two to pull on the pavement in the parking lot and set up some skills areas.. and who doesn't need to learn or to hone skills?

So PM me if you're still game or need my cell# or just check in tomorrow and I'll post up by 8:30 if we're gonna go play at 10 am. Be aware, my bike turns into a pumpkin at noon as the fairy grandparents have a Dr. appt at 1:30.

No more rain, no more rain, no more rain!

Pokgirl

Spork
I'm out. I was thinking about those wet leaves... no fun! It is too far of a drive for me with questionable weather. : ( I guess I'll still utilize my babysitter and hit the road for a bit. I would love to try a JH trip again soon!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
It's still damp out there... but it's warm.
It's overcast... but there's no imminent rain on the radar.
There are wet leaves all over... but it's not going to completely cover the roadway.
I could stay home... but the kids are already fighting over whose feet are touching whose on the couch.

I'm going.
Even if it's a ride through the 'asphalt' of the Jungle.
Anyone game? CultureCouture?
Gimme a call.

Pokgirl

Spork
P.S. I'd definitely be there if I was closer! Working on skills is always fun. Let me know how you make out.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Yea, Pokgirl, you've got too big a ride to get there.
I'm 15-18 minutes away.
I could go and be a store zombie but that would just be depressing,
especially since CultureCouture's shop won't be open;).

I need to go clear my mind and ride.
We'll play in JH on skills today and look at next week to get back on the trails. Enjoy your time off!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Got a lemon of a day?
Make lemonade.
Sweet, sweet lemonade!

It was warm, overcast and misty lending an appropriate air of mystery to JH. We went straight up the roadway and climbed heart attack hill to the upper lots. We toured the backlot and planned to work some skills in the huge abandoned expanse but got drawn to the singletrack anyway.

Up here, the leaves, the roots, the rocks were treacherous and wet but the ground was solid and unfazed underneath. We rode the far side of warthog 'til it becomes an endless stretch of a glacial rock dump and we managed to draw "second blood" from our soon to be new mtbnjer, NJ Dre.

Out in the parking lot again, we played and rode a progression of logs until CultureCouture was sailing over sizeable stacks like a pro and making me feel like I'd better brush up my skills before CC puts me to shame.
NJ Dre had skills but seems to be a bit freakish about damp, wet, critter infested logs and snakes and bear and... I expect his fear will help motivate him to get back up on his bike faster! :D

He'll do okay... at least until I take him up on his downhill challenge.
NJ Dre, Nobody beats the Cyclopath on a paved downhill... Nobody.

Set the date, call your road and prepare to be passed like you're a-standin' still!:getsome:

Last edited:

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Sounds like you guys had fun, wish I was there :mad: (we need to have a crying face, Oh Shaggerz!) With the weather I didn't think that Pokie (she's gonna kill me for that one) :D would make the trip down to Joisey from the Hudson Valley. Looks as though I may be off from work for a week or two so if you anyone wants to ride at JH again, or anywhere else please post it.

RC ... :)

Pokgirl

Spork
Pokie, huh? You beat me in one race (granted, the last race), and you don't let me forget it! :D
Again I'll say you shoulda been at the 909 night race - maybe I could've redeemed myself.
Next week is tight, but I will definitely try to make it when something gets posted.

C

CultureCouture

Up here, the leaves, the roots, the rocks were treacherous and wet but the ground was solid and unfazed underneath. We rode the far side of warthog 'til it becomes an endless stretch of a glacial rock dump and we managed to draw "second blood" from our soon to be new mtbnjer, NJ Dre.

'First blood' was on the trail, 'second blood' was when he was trying to show off to us ladies on the logs. So predictable!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Sounds like you guys had fun, wish I was there :mad: anyone wants to ride at JH again, or anywhere else please post it.

OK. Same time, same place next week!
And please join us on the group ride from RW lot C on Sundays 8am!

'First blood' was on the trail, 'second blood' was when he was trying to show off to us ladies on the logs. So predictable!

He was a lot of fun.
Didn't take himself too seriously and wasn't afraid to show us his soft, squeamish, "ew! There's water sloshing in that log and it got all over my shirt!" side. But he probably didn't expect that we'd broadcast that all over the web either.:D

He's welcome to join us anytime.

Reminder...
Road rides from Pedal Sports lot 10am M, W, F 7:30am Sat
See you'z there

Last edited:

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
Pokie, huh? You beat me in one race (granted, the last race), and you don't let me forget it! :D
Again I'll say you shoulda been at the 909 night race - maybe I could've redeemed myself.
Next week is tight, but I will definitely try to make it when something gets posted.

OK, I did the math of all races we did together this year ...
You beat me by a total of 7 hours 21 minutes to my 3 minutes and you need to redeem yourself! :p

RC

Top Bottom