:hmmm:

Let's schedule a ride!!:D
Thursday 11/13 10am

Be there!!!!
Or be wet, bored and envious somewhere else.:p

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Now they say it will not rain until after noon.
Anyone with me? 10am-noon?
Would you rather go to Skyline?
Let me know!!!

Gals?? Guys??

Pokgirl

Spork
Did you ride last week?
Weather looks clear and cold Wed, Thurs, Fri (as of now). Wanna to try to schedule something for this week?

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
If you do Skyline, I may be able to slip out of work late morning, but don't change just for me. I'll be a maybe.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
I don't mind a change of venue and I certainly don't mind hitting JH again.
If we can find trails appropriate for the least rider, I'm all for changing it up.
I think LM is great for beginners, JH a good place for skill building, Waywayanda is huge with and varied and RW is for Sundays.

I'm not well versed in Skyline, but I'm certainly willing to be shown.
I do prefer to keep it somewhat local as I need to be out of the woods by 2pm and home by 3.

Shall we put it to a vote?

Ladies... state your time and place!

Pokgirl

Spork
I found out after I posted my car will be in the shop on Thurs. I may be able to do Friday, depending on babysitting. I'd be happy to drive down for JH or Waywayanda.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Pixy, what time would be possible for you on Thursday at Skyline?

Pokgirl, I have a standing roadie deal on Fridays thru Nov. If it falls through,
I can meet up with your group at 11am at JH or Waywayanda, but I wouldn't know until 10:15ish.
Otherwise, you're always welcome to come rock some slicks with us.:)

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
I only asked about Skyline b/c it is 15 min from work, and I thought I may be able to skip out for a few hours. I am not sure I can do that this week.:cry: I really appreciate all the rides you have been leading, and I hope to be able to hook up with you for one of them soon. Not sure if 12:30 would work, but sometimes I can get to the trails by then.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
:cry: <--- Don't you just LOVE this guy?

Okay,
Then 10:30 at JH it is! Thursday(tomorrow... if you're reading this today).

Pixy, we'll be on our way home @ 12 and will be driving over Skyline.
So, if you can get out, call my cell and I'll meet you.
I may even drag one or two unsuspecting folk with me.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
The Jungle was just perfect today.

The ground stayed frozen with fingers of ice growing up from the soil at the side of the trail. There was visible frost on the ground and some snow flakes from earlier flurries still lay on the leaves even at noon.

Even though all the leaves are gone and the hills are brown, the views behind the airport are still really nice. I'm really looking forward to continuing to play in the Jungle through this winter, my first as a mtb'r.

See you out there!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Thursday 10/4 10am - Shall we?

Preliminary weather report says partly sunny and 40 degrees at 9am with a 60% chance of showers later in the day. I can't pass up that kind of weather. Let's ride while we can.

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Sandi, I hear ya with the weather. :) I would like to go, but I am without a car for a few days. If I can get my work quota done by 9:30 and convince Art to lend me his car for a few hours, I will try to come. Can you pm me a phone # for the morning? I hate to have you waiting if I can not make it. Thanks. I will pm mine.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Pixy, PM sent.

Anyone else still on the fence?
Send a pm by 9am if we should look for you.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Nice ride today, Pixy. I had a great time and can't wait to do it again...
except for the bar end to the chest part. OUCH!!!

So, looking for a little sympathy and such from my non-MTBing husband
I showed the very clear circular bruise to him saying,
"I went riding with Ellen today and look what I got."
He said, "Oh!, A hickey!."
Me, "No! From the bar end!"
Him, "So you fell at the end of the bar... You went to a bar?
I thought you said you went out riding!
So that's what you do all day!"
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA.ORG
Good ride today, and thanks for the incentive to get out on the trails early. Work can always wait. Hope that bruise heals. I use arnica on mine. Yes, I have one too, from cyclecross mounting accident :cry:. You may want to get those bars plugged before you take another random biopsy.

Top Bottom