Grrrlll Ride at Jungle Habitat

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Let's try this again,

Is there a better pace to get your grrrlll on? Beginner/Intermediate no drop. Lots of skill building areas where we can allow do-overs if you like. It will be girls, girls, girls... some from my road rides, some from my other club(btcnj), and few I've just picked up along the way;). Come join us for some fun!

Meet: Jungle Habitat at 10:30 AM, Thursday, June 4
Address: Airport Road West Milford, NJ.
Direction: Park in gravel lot at the end of Airport road.

Pm for questions/contact#'s.

Let's try this again,

Is there a better pace to get your grrrlll on? Beginner/Intermediate no drop. Lots of skill building areas where we can allow do-overs if you like. It will be girls, girls, girls... some from my road rides, some from my other club(btcnj), and few I've just picked up along the way;). Come join us for some fun!

Meet: Jungle Habitat at 10:30 AM, Thursday, June 4
Address: Airport Road West Milford, NJ.
Direction: Park in gravel lot at the end of Airport road.

Pm for questions/contact#'s.

I'm in sore need of regaining my bike skills, but 10:30 am on a weekday is not convenient for me this time of year due to work.

Weekends work best, especially if I'm going to make it up to JH or down to Allaire for a ride. I'd like to join up if the girls get something together for a Saturday or Sunday, provided I can get a babysitter (that's my biggest bugaboo for riding).

Hope everyone who goes along has fun.

especially if I'm going to make it up to JH or down to Allaire for a ride. I'd like to join up if the girls get something together for a Saturday or Sunday, provided I can get a babysitter (that's my biggest bugaboo for riding).

Same here...it is really tough to be a mom and coordinate rides. I guess we all understand each others predicament though.

My kids are in school, so actually midweek works best for me. It is tough to get away on weekends. However, meeting other riders, learning trails, and improving my riding is a priority for me....if there is a ride on a weekend that is not too advanced, I could make it my business to get to it once in a while.

Jersey Girl, what part of nj are you in, if you are midway between Allaire and JH? We might be pretty close! :)

Same here...it is really tough to be a mom and coordinate rides. I guess we all understand each others predicament though.

My kids are in school, so actually midweek works best for me. It is tough to get away on weekends. However, meeting other riders, learning trails, and improving my riding is a priority for me....if there is a ride on a weekend that is not too advanced, I could make it my business to get to it once in a while.

Jersey Girl, what part of nj are you in, if you are midway between Allaire and JH? We might be pretty close! :)

I'm in Stewartsville, which is near Phillipsburg/Easton. JH is far easier for me to get to than Allaire, but Allaire is a great beginner park. When I lived in Princeton I would ride there and Clayton fairly regularly.

My husband can watch the baby on weekends, but we're moving to Branchburg NJ this summer and we have lots of work to do on the house and weekends are our only time to do this, so I'm really limited on riding time. Maybe two weekends a month I can get out to ride my MTB, but I'll do my best to make it to any scheduled weekend rides, especially at LewMo, JH, or KVSP.

Warning to anyone who rides with me: I haven't been on my mountain bike for over 1.5 years, so I'm slow and rusty. :eek:

I'm in Stewartsville, which is near Phillipsburg/Easton. JH is far easier for me to get to than Allaire, but Allaire is a great beginner park. When I lived in Princeton I would ride there and Clayton fairly regularly.

My husband can watch the baby on weekends, but we're moving to Branchburg NJ this summer and we have lots of work to do on the house and weekends are our only time to do this, so I'm really limited on riding time. Maybe two weekends a month I can get out to ride my MTB, but I'll do my best to make it to any scheduled weekend rides, especially at LewMo, JH, or KVSP.

Warning to anyone who rides with me: I haven't been on my mountain bike for over 1.5 years, so I'm slow and rusty. :eek:

Ahh, OK...I need to transmit the same warning . Despite my best intentions I have never made time to learn mtb skills so I am a freakin SNAIL on descents and a chicken on obstacles. I do have some solid endurance experience and I think there is hope for me. (I hope!)
but yeah.....I would never want anyone to make time to ride with me and then find that out afterwards.

I can make it around LewMo yellow loop and only get off the bike once or twice. So even if we met up there one time for safety's sake, just check on each other once in a while. I'm sure most riders *fly around LewMo (except for me), but at least we'd be out there on the same course, not so desolate. They do have good park police at lewMo, don't even ask me how I know that.

Still learning the trails at KVSP, but would try that too. Good luck with your move.

School hours are best for me(unless someone needs to go to the ER:rolleyes:). Weekends and evenings when I'm not with a student, I'm pretty much owned by family.

As for pace, it's no drop, no fear, no problem. New riders will get help if they want, faster ones can do loops around us if they so desire. I love JH for being a place you can get your head around some technical stuff and build confidence and just have fun.

As for this week, a dear friend who needs to de-stress and hasn't been on a bike since a car accident last November, asked me to take her out. So, I'm going at whatever pace is good for her. As for me, I've done taxing rides 4 of the last four days and today is going to be another 35 miles of pain. I'm burnt. Slow is alright with me.

So, come if you can and we'll be sure to have some fun.

I am able to do weekends. If I am down in Jackson for the weekend, I can hitup Allaire. Otherwise, I live in the Poconos so anything in North Jersey is good for me. I have to work during the week, and usually don't have a sitter after work. bummer for me! I am not terribly advanced and I love to ride my single speed.

dead legs club

School hours are best for me(unless someone needs to go to the ER:rolleyes:). Weekends and evenings when I'm not with a student, I'm pretty much owned by family.

As for pace, it's no drop, no fear, no problem. New riders will get help if they want, faster ones can do loops around us if they so desire. I love JH for being a place you can get your head around some technical stuff and build confidence and just have fun.

As for this week, a dear friend who needs to de-stress and hasn't been on a bike since a car accident last November, asked me to take her out. So, I'm going at whatever pace is good for her. As for me, I've done taxing rides 4 of the last four days and today is going to be another 35 miles of pain. I'm burnt. Slow is alright with me.

So, come if you can and we'll be sure to have some fun.

Hi -- I would come if I could. Today is a school holiday so it's never really been an option. In June, they kill us with random days off and half-days.

Thanks for the welcome and encouragement. Are you guys still going (I see it's raining). As far as the stacked up rides, I always feel it is good to "live now" and get the rides when the gettin' is good, b/c between weather and family one never knows what's coming. I also stacked it, did 4 rides in 3 days earlier this week. Also, my swim coach decided this would be a good week for Butterfly madness , I was near comatose yesterday after doing 1,200 yards of fly in one workout. I have a 5k (run) this evening so that should be interesting.

I still would have come along on the ride if I was free! If I waited around for optimal timing of everything, i would never get anything done.

Enjoy, and see you next time!

For obvious and very damp reasons, there is no ride today.

We'll look to reschedule for Tuesday, same time, same place, less mud:rolleyes:.

Back
Top Bottom