Group Ride

X

xcrunner1991

Who wants to get together for a ride on Sunday 12/7? Its only going to be me and my one friend so far. Anyone is welcome to join. We will be leaving from the canal side at 11am.

Wobbegong

If it is super cold I'm in...Mud at 6mile from freeze thaw is the worst

It aint gunna be cold. Six mud will be in full effect....

Why not hit the group ride at Chimney Rock Tomorrow instead

Sunday High 43 degrees - Chance of rain/Ice Pellets 90%

Last edited:
J

jbronko1@mac.com

i was thinking of hitting 6 mile for the first time on sunday, maybe a bit earlier than 11 though. is six mile particularly muddy? i was at chimney rock today and it was a bit muddy in parts, but not too bad. we haven't gotten that much rain lately. but is 6 mile known for being a mud pitt? i am not much of a mudder ;)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
6-Mile has it's good and bad seasons. This is one of the bad ones.

I spoke to someone who rode there today. He said it was bad.

I was there between 1:30 and 3 and it was probably the worst conditions I ever rode in there. I now know why i ride at 6 in the morning. It was bad enough that on the way back, I rode across a corn field and came back on the road.

The Kalmyk

i was thinking of hitting 6 mile for the first time on sunday, maybe a bit earlier than 11 though. is six mile particularly muddy? i was at chimney rock today and it was a bit muddy in parts, but not too bad. we haven't gotten that much rain lately. but is 6 mile known for being a mud pitt? i am not much of a mudder ;)

I am not being a Trail Nazi but you will not get what 6mile has to offer if you go at that time...I went last Monday and it was so muddy it locked up my front tire from all the mud that gathered in my fork...I would say it is a mud/clay mixture that sucks getting off your bike...It left me the feeling of "I need a bike overhaul now":mad:...It flat sucked

Cold weather is your freind at this place...You consider a sunrise ride when the ground is frozen...That to also depends on the overnight temps

Wobbegong

Wait until its frozen solid.

The less stuff we have to fix in the spring, the more time we can spend on new stuff.

X

xcrunner1991

Im down for chimney rock that day too. I just want to meet and ride with some new people. Just give me a time after 9am and I should be good to go.

Mare

See the ride series under the "rides and events" posts above. There is an outline of group rides through December and details will be posted on Monday for the rides next weekend: 12/6 is Lewis Morris and 12/7 is Clayton. Come on out! Both are good in all kinds of weather, so we'll be good.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions