Group Ride Wildcat Sunday 11/21

Clive

Apologies - I got out of bed too late to get there for 9. I'll take my gravel bike somewhere instead and join another time. Keep safe!

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Solid turn out. I remember now why I only go here once a year. Not Allaire..
20211121_090628.jpg
20211121_094535.jpg
20211121_104905.jpg
20211121_105013.jpg
20211121_105019.jpg
20211121_090409.jpg
20211121_090413.jpg
20211121_090356.jpg
20211121_103606.jpg
20211121_104909.jpg

BPaze

I sucked at WC as usual, everything went according to plan.

Thanks to @gmb3 for leading and @MissJR , @Ryan.P and @Magic for sweeping and the moral support, it was much needed.

At least I didn’t break the bikes ( which is what I usually do at WC), I think ( the saddle started creaking quite bad so the jury is still out on that one)… yay!
Let's go here more often and you will get better. You should have enough bikes to ride while fixing the broke ones from previous rides.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for coming out and joining in the fun. This is a tough park to ride and does require fitness for the climbs...gears and suspension also make it suck less.

Even if these trails are not your cup of tea it's all about getting together and riding for fun. We'll be at a place with less rocks next month, I'll see you then.😉

iman29

Thanks for coming out and joining in the fun. This is a tough park to ride and does require fitness for the climbs...gears and suspension also make it suck less.

Even if these trails are not your cup of tea it's all about getting together and riding for fun. We'll be at a place with less rocks next month, I'll see you then.😉

Came here to check the turnout and the results.
Glad it went well but it confirms my decision to ride Columbia trail today. 🤪

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Thank you all for a fun but tough ride. The leaves don't help. Sorry I went off trail and spun out a couple times leading my group but pretty standard for Wildcat this time of year. No mechanicals or injuries in the chill group though is a win!

serviceguy

Let's go here more often and you will get better. You should have enough bikes to ride while fixing the broke ones from previous rides.
As I mentioned several times during the ride it’s not the rocks, which I’m used to riding Ringwood. The problem with WC is that the rocks are all in the wrong place!

Anywho, I’m open to ride WC again even before the next year group ride, probably from a different starting point, that techy climb at the beginning always crashes my soul…and my bikes sometimes!

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
unfortunatley for wildcat, there is only one (ok, three) way to go from the lot, and that is up. and all the options are rocky :/

Bikeworks

As I mentioned several times during the ride it’s not the rocks, which I’m used to riding Ringwood. The problem with WC is that the rocks are all in the wrong place!

Anywho, I’m open to ride WC again even before the next year group ride, probably from a different starting point, that techy climb at the beginning always crashes my soul…and my bikes sometimes!
Agreed. CR is plenty rocky, and at points I have to do the walk of shame. But I can still ride much of the rocks at CR as they are on a trail, not interspersed with signage declaring them a trail.

serviceguy

Agreed. CR is plenty rocky, and at points I have to do the walk of shame. But I can still ride much of the rocks at CR as they are on a trail, not interspersed with signage declaring them a trail.
Well, while I’m pretty much on the same line of thought it must be said that there’s plenty of people on this board that very much enjoys and can ride WC without the issues that we seem to encounter (OK, it’s not many…OK, OK, it’s @JimN ). Seriously though, I had the same issues at Ringwood when I started, and while I do occasionally still encounter something above my pay grade, it got a lot more enjoyable with practice.

Top Bottom