Group ride today, bridge missing

ellbiddy

As promised:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6709836

Another nice easy passed ride at 6MR, thanks for everyone that came with us and thanks for waiting for me ;). Turns out the bridge on canal side where you can either go around the muddy flats or up the hilly section and around (right before the bench) was all gone. We tried to pile up the wood off to the side, but most of it was MIA. I guess, we'll fix it on the TM day?

Anywho good ride, pretty good conditions, we had a blast pedaling through the creek over and over and over again....some of the group members went in deeper than others ;)

Mr_T

Thanks Leo....once again...nice riding with all you guys....nice to meet you Walt....yes I was one of those who went a little deeper in the creek..:D

Mr_T

Hey Leo...does the elevation gain +/- measure the total number of feet acending vs decending?

walter

Fourth Party
Thanks Leo....once again...nice riding with all you guys....nice to meet you Walt....yes I was one of those who went a little deeper in the creek..:D

This Walter? I don't recall being at 6 mile today:hmmm: You must mean the other guy that poses as me.

What did you guys do, ride the trail to 27 then take the road back?

Mr_T

This Walter? I don't recall being at 6 mile today:hmmm: You must mean the other guy that poses as me.

What did you guys do, ride the trail to 27 then take the road back?

Could be, I guess it was a different Walter...:D Yes we took the roads back..27 to Skillmans to Blackwells Mills....the Walter imposter would have known this.....:D

ellbiddy

Hey Leo...does the elevation gain +/- measure the total number of feet acending vs decending?

Yeah, there's an actual height somewhere in there too. I wouldn't trust it too much since elevation gain on gps isn't so quality.

walter

Fourth Party
Could be, I guess it was a different Walter...:D Yes we took the roads back..27 to Skillmans to Blackwells Mills....the Walter imposter would have known this.....:D

I believe that fellow goes by the name "Crash in NJ"

I'm going to have to have a word or two with him

Why did you take the road back?

Mr_T

I believe that fellow goes by the name "Crash in NJ"

I'm going to have to have a word or two with him

Why did you take the road back?

We were running out of daylight....my fitness level is still working its way into shape and my rear tire had a slow leak...had to pump it twice. It was pretty much dark by the time we hit Skillmans.

zmuda44

Hey Mark, Walter doesn't have an mtbnj acct. It took him several years to catch up with the myspace thing and he never checks that so these boards would be a big step for him.

ArmyOfNone

Yeah, there's an actual height somewhere in there too. I wouldn't trust it too much since elevation gain on gps isn't so quality.

You have to check your MB options. I think its mb gravity or something like that. You would have to ride six mile 10 times to see 3,000 feet of change.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
You have to check your MB options. I think its mb gravity or something like that. You would have to ride six mile 10 times to see 3,000 feet of change.

Even still, I don't trust the elevation much on the Garmin. I think for big ups/downs it comes reasonably close. But for rides with a lot of quick ups/downs it way overestimates.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
even riding the 27 side, before the concrete bridge, i ate it when i couldnt stop after noticing the pallettes were all crooked. we stopped and put them in some sort of order. they may need to be replaced soon.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions