Group Hug?

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
damnit i didnt get to use this in that other thread before it got closed

In-Before-the-Lock.gif

InBeforeTheLock.gif

Last edited:

mwlikesbikes

WTFing hell happened on the allaire mud thread? You guys are mean drunks I tells ya! :getsome:
come on people now, shine on your brother
everybody get together, Try to love one another
:):D:p

dualfisted

ok, so, my public statement/ apology????

All right. So I will be PM'ing both Turbo and Shift to try to square things with them on this issue also. I'm doing this because, like in the other thread, I'd rather my remarks, comments, stupid b.s. Be public and accountable rather than subversive in any way.
Scoop is this. My point in the other thread was simply this..... Maybe you/ we shouldn't post up on this forum about going on a ride at a trail that is pretty susceptable (spellchek wha??) to damage after the people who actually organize the TM's and who put in tons of hours on those trails post up saying the conditions are going to be "soupy" at best. They don't really want to hear about you riding there when they (who earned the right to ride there when sloppy more than anyone through their hard work) opted for a road ride or worse to not ride at all. That's it!!! They just don't need to hear it. That's it, that's my point, simple.
Now, I am absolutely sorry that I allowed/ assisted in the escalation of that thread into a completely agressive mess. Although I eventually intentionally attempted to get that thread "heaped", I really went the distance by saying things towards Turbo and Shifty (I believe is their screennames) that I didn't mean, and shouldn't have bumped the agression trend up in that manner.
Eventually, my second/ final point within that thread was that I felt one of those individuals came off as completely passive aggressive, and completely antagonistic, and from that I just cannot see myself backing away from, especially when that was within their first post on this site. While I still believe that to be true, I feel that he got a taste of the worst me that has been on this site since I joined and I apologize to him for that as I do to you all.
Anyway, scoop is this. I'm by no means some whacky trail nazi dude, I realize and do not feel that trail conditions have to be perfect before we get to go enjoy them (we'd be waiting a long while indeed), I am not an internet tough guy and I am not on this site looking to start trouble or to be holier than thou as I am by no means perfect and I surely make tons of mistakes in all facets of life as we all do. Also, as most of you who are on this site already know, I am a genuinely and purposefully nice person who meets folks with a kind hello and a smile on his face.
So, to wrap this up, I apologize to you mtbnj'ers for allowing myself to take the lowest path on here, and I am personally PM'ing Turbo and Shifty to try to get things back to a personable, if not laughable state of coolness. Thanks, hope you all had a good holiday, and sorry to the mods that I actually made work on Christmas. Sheesh!

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
all right. So i will be pm'ing both turbo and shift to try to square things with them on this issue also. I'm doing this because, like in the other thread, i'd rather my remarks, comments, stupid b.s. Be public and accountable rather than subversive in any way.
Scoop is this. My point in the other thread was simply this..... Maybe you/ we shouldn't post up on this forum about going on a ride at a trail that is pretty susceptable (spellchek wha??) to damage after the people who actually organize the tm's and who put in tons of hours on those trails post up saying the conditions are going to be "soupy" at best. They don't really want to hear about you riding there when they (who earned the right to ride there when sloppy more than anyone through their hard work) opted for a road ride or worse to not ride at all. That's it!!! They just don't need to hear it. That's it, that's my point, simple.
Now, i am absolutely sorry that i allowed/ assisted in the escalation of that thread into a completely agressive mess. Although i eventually intentionally attempted to get that thread "heaped", i really went the distance by saying things towards turbo and shifty (i believe is their screennames) that i didn't mean, and shouldn't have bumped the agression trend up in that manner.
Eventually, my second/ final point within that thread was that i felt one of those individuals came off as completely passive aggressive, and completely antagonistic, and from that i just cannot see myself backing away from, especially when that was within their first post on this site. While i still believe that to be true, i feel that he got a taste of the worst me that has been on this site since i joined and i apologize to him for that as i do to you all.
Anyway, scoop is this. I'm by no means some whacky trail nazi dude, i realize and do not feel that trail conditions have to be perfect before we get to go enjoy them (we'd be waiting a long while indeed), i am not an internet tough guy and i am not on this site looking to start trouble or to be holier than thou as i am by no means perfect and i surely make tons of mistakes in all facets of life as we all do. Also, as most of you who are on this site already know, i am a genuinely and purposefully nice person who meets folks with a kind hello and a smile on his face.
So, to wrap this up, i apologize to you mtbnj'ers for allowing myself to take the lowest path on here, and i am personally pm'ing turbo and shifty to try to get things back to a personable, if not laughable state of coolness. Thanks, hope you all had a good holiday, and sorry to the mods that i actually made work on christmas. Sheesh!

well said tj. I knew you had an adult in your body somewhere.

dualfisted

u suk MIG

well said tj. I knew you had an adult in your body somewhere.

TO DO LIST
1) Punch MIG

No, for real, just want the nasty TJ gone, and that thread and it's negativity behind me. I think I've met enough of the folks here at MTBNJ for most to know, that thread is NOT representative of what I am, or what I'm about.

Frank

Sasquatch
I'll agree with that. I know TJ likes to bust chops as well as the next. It is also known that he is defensive of his home turf and that's where this all started. I can relate with that but I TRY to phrase it just a little differently.;)

MATT9er

Dualfisted loved the thread found it so entertaining I asked the wife to come up and read it.I understand now how it works with riding or not riding on trails.But 2 mo.s ago I was not clear on this issue coming from a quad and motorcycle background, I rode in all conditions.
I'm learning the work involved in these trails and given your emotions toward said trails possibly being damaged I'm sure you've put alot of time in.
Maybe we could come up with a clear way that new guys could know whether or not the trails are ridable.A simple thumbs up or thumbs down next to a riding area in question.

dualfisted

hmmmm!

Dualfisted loved the thread found it so entertaining I asked the wife to come up and read it.I understand now how it works with riding or not riding on trails.But 2 mo.s ago I was not clear on this issue coming from a quad and motorcycle background, I rode in all conditions.
I'm learning the work involved in these trails and given your emotions toward said trails possibly being damaged I'm sure you've put alot of time in.
Maybe we could come up with a clear way that new guys could know whether or not the trails are ridable.A simple thumbs up or thumbs down next to a riding area in question.

I certainly appreciate any consideration given to caring for the trails. While I have done some trail maintenance both here and more so in N. Georgia, I have done nothing compared to what some of the guys around here have done. I believe that you can post up about trail conditions within the particular ridings areas forums sections, dunno if I worded that right. Keep yer eyes open and you'll find the info, there's a lot being posted up this weekend because of the sketchball weather we've had recently.
Also, while I'm glad you enjoyed that "evil" thread and learned something from it, I ABSOLUTELY hated the way that whole thing went down and regret the hell out of that "other" thread. Happy trails, TJ PS- I believe the JORBA site does have a trail conditions section as well.

Top Bottom