Greetings, Moved Back to NJ

Xander

Hey,

I wanted to introduce myself, the names Xander. This is my first time on the forum. Grew up in NJ and just recently moved back after time in NY and NC. I was at the last group ride at Nassau and spent the weekend at Cranks this year. So I've met a handful of people part of MTBNJ. Looking to get more involved now that Im located in NJ again.

Allaire was pretty much my backyard growing up and I know the place like the back of my hand. I ride there whenever Im visiting my parents. Im now located in Glen Gardner and ride mostly at Nassau, and occasionally at Stephens and Chimney Rock. Ive been meaning to check our Round Valley and Voorhees State Park as they are both close to me.

Ive been a long time single speeder but mostly ride a geared full suspension bike if its not Allaire. I also ride a cross bike for pavement, gravel and some single track. I have not raced bikes but want to try it out but being a parent usually puts a damper on that. Hoping to try and change that for the upcoming year.

Looking forward to future MTBNJ events.

Xander

thegock

Hey,

I wanted to introduce myself, the names Xander. This is my first time on the forum. Grew up in NJ and just recently moved back after time in NY and NC. I was at the last group ride at Nassau and spent the weekend at Cranks this year. So I've met a handful of people part of MTBNJ. Looking to get more involved now that Im located in NJ again.

Allaire was pretty much my backyard growing up and I know the place like the back of my hand. I ride there whenever Im visiting my parents. Im now located in Glen Gardner and ride mostly at Nassau, and occasionally at Stephens and Chimney Rock. Ive been meaning to check our Round Valley and Voorhees State Park as they are both close to me.

Ive been a long time single speeder but mostly ride a geared full suspension bike if its not Allaire. I also ride a cross bike for pavement, gravel and some single track. I have not raced bikes but want to try it out but being a parent usually puts a damper on that. Hoping to try and change that for the upcoming year.

Looking forward to future MTBNJ events.

Xander

I live for this $h!+

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome home!
Great location to get the trails quickly.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi.

How well do you really know the back of your hand?

Quick, close your eyes and tell me how many hairs are on it? Likely the same number of trails as Allaire.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Welcome, you check a lot of boxes. SS, FS, Gravel. You passed the test.

You have plenty of time to race, enjoy parenting. You can do both but you have more focus when the kids are older and are done with daddy baseball/soccer...unless you are old, like 50 and have a trophy wife, then race now. ;)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was at the last group ride at Nassau and spent the weekend at Cranks this year. So I've met a handful of people part of MTBNJ. Looking to get more involved now that Im located in NJ again.

What group rides did you do?

Wait, this is not the guy that @JimN knows is it?

Xander

You have plenty of time to race, enjoy parenting. You can do both but you have more focus when the kids are older and are done with daddy baseball/soccer...unless you are old, like 50 and have a trophy wife, then race now. ;)
Haha, Ive got some time before I'm 50.

I believe we were on the same group ride at Nassau, it was brutally hot and did the full ride out to the flow trails and back.

@MadisonDan , Thanks for the info, unfortunately ill be heading back from a trip to Shenandoah National Park then, but I'll try and make the next group ride.

@Norm , At Cranks I did a ride on Friday led by @JimN I believe and on Saturday I did a ride led by Stephanie from Cycle Craft . Previous year I did the rides with Burke

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Welcome back @Xander. Definitely enjoy raising the kids as they grow up fast. I took many years off and started back up when they didn’t need me around all the time. If you get time and want to check out Ringwood, let me know. I just don’t take breaks (as long as that’s not an issue).

Last edited:
Top Bottom