Greetings from the Middle East!

Hey guys, late to the dance floor again but I'd like to kick $ in for the battery too, if its not too late.

I'll also see if we can't get a JORBA T into the mail for you. JDog, did that package go out into the mail yet?

Thanks for serving Chris! Stay safe and see you in the summer. Don't forget 13 September: JORBA Bike Fest :) We'll want to see you there. :getsome:

Sweet!

At this point we'll just call it $10 to get in on this, and any extra $$ will go to either buying stuff or shipping the package out. We have 10 people now. Rock on folks!

Thanks to everyone stepping for up to the plate. $10 is a great buy in to show your appreciation for what these men & women do.

Thank You to the following shops:
Action Outfitters
Bicycle Source
Cycle Works
Effingers
Halters

Last edited:
Hey guys, late to the dance floor again but I'd like to kick $ in for the battery too, if its not too late.

I'll also see if we can't get a JORBA T into the mail for you. JDog, did that package go out into the mail yet?

Thanks for serving Chris! Stay safe and see you in the summer. Don't forget 13 September: JORBA Bike Fest :) We'll want to see you there. :getsome:

I was planning on sending chris a package sometime this week.

J

I was planning on sending chris a package sometime this week.

J

Hey if possible, hold off a few days. That battery shipped as soon as I ordered it and should be here this week. If you want to get it out ASAP then fire away.

As an update, UPS says it's in Parsippany right now. So it should be here Mon/Tue. If needed, we can probably coerce Walter to do a little Messenger Boy service early this week to help the cause. Otherwise I can likely get it down there Saturday.

As an update, UPS says it's in Parsippany right now. So it should be here Mon/Tue. If needed, we can probably coerce Walter to do a little Messenger Boy service early this week to help the cause. Otherwise I can likely get it down there Saturday.

I would be glad to help out, although I would need to make sure my schedule is clear first.:D

Do I get flashing lights and everything, this is of military importance.

Jess - awesome, you're in. That will help a lot. Then we have the battery covered, plus $20 each for Steve and JDog to help send the packages out. Shipping over there isn't cheap, given these packages need to be bulletproof and all :D

Walter - you can slap my blinkey on your car, if it helps!

I just got a package today from Clark!

Awesome Bike mags. Remember that roadie roomate of mine? Well now he wants to try MTB when we both get back to the states. We are both stationed at McGuire, so if I start showing up at events with someone else in tow, and he happens to be wearing the same Tshirt as me... well, you'll know who he is.

Clark, congratulations on (quite possibly) spawning the conversion of a roadie. :D

I never thought you guys would be so supportive. Now I read over this thread and you guys are talking about ordering a laptop battery for me?!?! Geez. Now I can be online quite a bit more now, so that's awesome. :D
I can't wait!

Bikes I'm debating between...
- 2008 Giant Trance X1
- 2008 Fuel EX 8
- 2008 Specialized FSR Comp
- 2008 James Dakar XCR Comp

VERY hard choice, but at least I have a few months to figure it out... what stinks is that different shops carry different brands!
The bike will be used mainly at places like Hartshorne, Lewis Morris, and Allamuchy, but still needs to be able to survive Colorado, Moab, etc a couple times a year. Are my choices durable enough for that?

After the full-suss bike, I'll be picking up a roadbike, along with a SS rigid!

Last edited:
I just got a package today from Clark!

Awesome Bike mags. Remember that roadie roomate of mine? Well now he wants to try MTB when we both get back to the states. We are both stationed at McGuire, so if I start showing up at events with someone else in tow, and he happens to be wearing the same Tshirt as me... well, you'll know who he is.

Clark, congratulations on (quite possibly) spawning the conversion of a roadie. :D

I never thought you guys would be so supportive. Now I read over this thread and you guys are talking about ordering a laptop battery for me?!?! Geez. Now I can be online quite a bit more now, so that's awesome. :D
I can't wait!

Bikes I'm debating between...
- 2008 Giant Trance X1
- 2008 Fuel EX 8
- 2008 Specialized FSR Comp
- 2008 James Dakar XCR Comp

VERY hard choice, but at least I have a few months to figure it out... what stinks is that different shops carry different brands!
The bike will be used mainly at places like Hartshorne, Lewis Morris, and Allamuchy, but still needs to be able to survive Colorado, Moab, etc a couple times a year. Are my choices durable enough for that?

After the full-suss bike, I'll be picking up a roadbike, along with a SS rigid!

nice! i'm glad you got the mags - that was pretty fast on the US postal service's part!

and converting a roadie? i have a tear in my eye...

Chris,

Good stuff! And good to hear you got your first shipment. The laptop battery is in JDog's hands now, so you should get that before long. And an MTBNJ t-shirt.

Now about the new bike, I think you're on your own...:)

i think our sponsor shops can help you out with most of those bikes once you get back. be safe.

Trek: Cycle Craft
Specialized: Beachwood Bikes (pretty darn close to macguire) & Marty's
Giant: Halters & Cycle Works

Last edited:
Here's a good one I got uploaded:

Adamwatchingonegoandabouttorec.jpg

taken by a friend, but still a very nice shot.

Last edited:
Hey f2f4,

Guess what season it is... Yep, girl Scout cookie season.
My daughter's troop collects donations to send cookies to the troops.
This is her third year doing it, but now that my brother-in-law is home we need a new connection.

You wouldn't happen to know any guys/gals over there who like girl scout cookies, do you?;)

As far as I know the entire squad loves them...

We have a couple thousand people over here, haha. :D
But to answer your question, yes, I do know of plenty of people over here who like Girl Scout cookies.

f2f4
on your bike list. I would avoid the Jamis.
They are good bikes but....I had one from afew years back and the bushings in the suspention wore out. Jamis wanted $200for replacements. not cool for bushings.
Their road bikes are pretty good for the price.
But the most bang for the buck would come with a Giant. Don't get cought up on the carbon hooplah unless you plan to do 70+ mikes a day on the road.
Carbon fork and seat post are best. but save the $ and get an alumonum frame.
Thanks for everything you are doing over there. I was over there in 91 and even thought i was a squid it was still hot as hell and could not have sucked any more.
Keep your head down and come back in one piece.
BJ K

Back
Top Bottom