Greetings from the Middle East!

Chris,

Do you ride Allaire and Diablo, on a Bullit & Banshee? If so what's up, we ride together occasionally. If not, good luck an I'll meet you eventually.

John

I rode at Allaire all the time, but unfortunately not on either of those. I rode a Black Trek 6000 hardtail with some minor upgrades (brakes, tires, saddle, etc)
I often wore a green Princeton Tec jersey and black riding shorts (baggy). I had an orange CamelBak and a black/silver helmet. I had glasses (but am getting contacts as soon as I get back!)

I apologize for the delay in replying, everyone! As I'm sure some of you may know, it gets very hectic over here at times. While I can't share any details, I can say that I'm doing okay. :)
The daily riding is going well, but I had to take a day off from the gym to do some laundry since I ran out of PT uniforms to ride in. (PT = physical training = fancy USAF gym shorts and a fancy USAF tshirt... pretty much a bullseye on your chest for those poor people who like to run outdoors).

As for what I need for those bikes:
- Teflon or wax-based lubricant (I checked the local shops, none of them have anything like it). Icewax or Pedros or Boeshield is more than fine. Actually, don't send Boeshield, since it's in an aerosol can.
- Some very fine sandpaper
- If anybody has any extra water bottle cages, that would be nice too. As you can see the styrofoam cups are... crap.
- Inner tubes! (26" shraeder... yes, I probably spelled that wrong)
- That red reflective tape stuff by 3M
- Tools/versatile multitool with a chain tool
- That's about all I can think of for now.

Here's a link to the battery my laptop takes: http://www.apexbattery.com/hp-pavilion-dv5000-series-laptop-battery-367759-001-.html?aid=139968368
I'm sure better deals are probably out there, this is just one of the first ones I found.

- Airman out!

Last edited:
I am piling up some mags.

Chances are you will get the same thing a bunch of times but oh well.

J

I can put my bills in too if he wants them.

Does anyone want to contribute to this kid's laptop battery?

Figure of we can get 5 of us at $21 a pop we're good. I'll start with the 2 of us. Need 3 more (or more than 3 if people want).

I can put my bills in too if he wants them.

Does anyone want to contribute to this kid's laptop battery?

Count me in! I'll catch up with u to give you the cash or I can do paypal.

The Eagle has landed!

Cool guys, I'll order it later this afternoon.

LOL - and your t-shirt?

OK I made the order, free shipping! So $80 among 6 of us unless we get a few more people to jump in. If 2 more people want to get in on the love that's $10 a pop.

I'll give you another 10 bucks.... plus the MAXIMS...really....I know the troops will love those, but where do I drop them :hmmm:

Sweet, that's 7 of us! One more and it drops it to $10 each!

I'll probably end up just running the stuff down to J or bringing it to Steve when he makes a shipment.

Sweet, that's 7 of us! One more and it drops it to $10 each!

I'll probably end up just running the stuff down to J or bringing it to Steve when he makes a shipment.

I'm in Norm...let me know how you want it...

Good deal, thanks! We'll work out the $$ details later.

Thanks to Scalpel6, Kirt, Walter, clarkenstein, Jeff, ElZoller, and Fogerson for making this dream possible!

Back
Top Bottom