Greetings from North Brunswick

J

julienjaborska

Hello all,

I've read stuff here for some time but have been too lazy to post until now, so here I am. I work at Jay's Cycles in Princeton as a mechanic, have too many bikes, ride to work everyday, ride mountain when I can on my days off.

I rode Six Mile on Wednesday and I really like the new additions. I should really ride this place more sinceit is right next to me, but I tend to ride Chimney Rock with some friends that live up that way. But, to all that have been working on the trails, thank you! I was laughing out loud to myself riding some of the new stuff on the canal side, so much fun. I'll definitely be riding this a lot more now.

I'll also be riding at Wawayanda on Sunday, Sport class 19-29. First race ever, should be a good time.

I'm still new to the 29er thing, (first ride on that was also this Wednesday). I started at 30psi and ended up letting air out throughout and when I checked back at the car I was at 20psi. I'm a light guy (135lbs), should I just run this and not worry? I kind of cased the rear once, but nothing bad happened.

Either way, I'm loving the 29er and loving the trails.

Julien

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Julian Jaborska!

If you run 20 PSI at speed on Sunday there's a fair chance I'll be riding by you at some point as you change your flat tire. I'll be the fat lard on the tang Niner. You can get away with it at 6MR, but adding rocks and race pace is a recipe for flat city, IMO.

Or not, it's not like I'm a salty veteran of the 29er.

walter

Fourth Party
Whats this 29er stuff you guys keep mentioning?

Welcome aboard, you will most likely be doing alot more laughing out load as you read the nonsense on this site.:D

J

julienjaborska

Yeah, I thought that was rather low, I'll probably do 25/28 or something like that.

It;s nice of you to say that I'd be in front of you before flatting. Unless maybe you are saying you'd be lapping me, but I don't think it should take me that long to change a flat.

When do you guys generally ride Six Mile? I'm off Tuesdays and Sundays, and Saturday evenings could possibly work. Or real early other weekday mornings. I wouldn't mind getting out there in a group. Flying solo is fun, but it's nice to change it up.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For me to lap you, you'd have to stop and bake a cake man.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
For me to lap you, you'd have to stop and bake a cake man.

damn, if i wasn't already the drunken single speed champion this would be my new sig. well done!

oh, hi. armyofnone works in princeton. he's a cop. not a rent-a-cop, but a real one. he carries a gun and everything. :D

ArmyOfNone

Another North Brunswicker! I have to see if we top the 3 south amboy peeps.

I like about a mile for 6mr and get out there pretty regularly. I live off of 27 near how ln.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i dunno, but i am 100% sure that it's just 1 big family. pretty much everything south of 287/78

mwlikesbikes

That's Mr. Sissy Shagger Dammit!!!!!!! :getsome: Shouldn't you be on the way to Alaska or Siberia or something? :p

Top Bottom