great workout, but kinda boring

P

Purple_Monster

Don't go here if you're looking for an easy ride.
Take the red trail (cushtunk, spelling?) out of the parking lot by the lake and you'll immediately be in for some climbs. Theres a little bit of interesting single track after you go into the first wooded area, you'll see a trail go off to the right, take it. If you stick on the gravely trail/fire road you'll be flying down a huge hill in a second. enjoy it while you can. about 2.5 miles into the trail you start a long, rocky climb that lasts over half a mile, maybe even close to a mile. Its absolutely ridiculous. longest climb I've ever seen. When you get to the top the trail goes single track style, but it stays on the same ridge. not much interesting. a couple of longer downhill sections and lots of rocks. After a while you'll get to a dead end b/c part of the red trail is closed from jan 1 to aug 1.
at this point I just turned around and started heading back. Its a tough climb getting back up to the top of the ridge line, but not as bad as the other direction. Once I got to the top, well thank god I had hydraulic discs. my rotors were searing hot to the touch after this really long downhill, formerly uphill, section. If you dont ride dual suspension (like me) you gotta be real careful on that rocky downhill.

Overall it was enjoyable and a great workout. But the trail wasnt very interesting, it was just hard because of the hills. But they sure are fun to ride down after you've climbed them :)

PatrickBrown

Purple_Monster said:
Don't go here if you're looking for an easy ride.
Take the red trail (cushtunk, spelling?) out of the parking lot by the lake and you'll immediately be in for some climbs. Theres a little bit of interesting single track after you go into the first wooded area, you'll see a trail go off to the right, take it. If you stick on the gravely trail/fire road you'll be flying down a huge hill in a second. enjoy it while you can. about 2.5 miles into the trail you start a long, rocky climb that lasts over half a mile, maybe even close to a mile. Its absolutely ridiculous. longest climb I've ever seen. When you get to the top the trail goes single track style, but it stays on the same ridge. not much interesting. a couple of longer downhill sections and lots of rocks. After a while you'll get to a dead end b/c part of the red trail is closed from jan 1 to aug 1.
at this point I just turned around and started heading back. Its a tough climb getting back up to the top of the ridge line, but not as bad as the other direction. Once I got to the top, well thank god I had hydraulic discs. my rotors were searing hot to the touch after this really long downhill, formerly uphill, section. If you dont ride dual suspension (like me) you gotta be real careful on that rocky downhill.

Overall it was enjoyable and a great workout. But the trail wasnt very interesting, it was just hard because of the hills. But they sure are fun to ride down after you've climbed them :)

awesome place to ride..... I remember racing 3 times around that loop in expert class races, back in the late 90s

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions