Great stuff

Frank

Sasquatch
Ya know we often comment on the equestrian folk and the great relationship we have with them at Allaire. Well this e-mail I got yesterday confirms it. Thanks to everyone who is courteous to other users at Allaire.
if you think of it, thank everyone for me who so graciously yields to horses - i had an incident in south jersey at greenwood forest area, and i realized i have NEVER had a problem at allaire in all these years!! i am riding a new mount - a pretty green stdbred, these days (ginger is fine, just partially retired as far as dx events go) and i appreciate everyone's patience with us riders!!

see you at work day!! ival

great stuff folks. :)

dualfisted

She must be talking about me, I bunny hop mules, sometimes bunny hop to manual, haha. As much as I hate doin' it, I stop and move waayyyyy off the trail as soon as I see a horse (maybe a mule, like I can tell). Then I bitch (in my mind) every time I hit a section that rides like a set of stutter bumps, or have to avoid a big wad o' horse turd. Outwardly I smile, inwardly, I cuss like a sailor. Does that make me a bad person???? Haha, well, it never hurts to get compliments like that, make sure you save that stuff for when there's a access issue, ha. Peace out cub scouts. TJ

Frank

Sasquatch
you're not a bad person....

Here is a Very important thing to remember. If it were not for the equestrians lobbying the park against closure who knows if Allaire would be open now. These people are our allies, not our enemies. I can remember in the early days of ATUG when we would have 1 or 2 mtbers at a TM session and 8 to 10 horse folk. Sure the last few years have seen mtbers flock to help the trails but let us not loose sight of our beginnings. So when you hit a rough section of trail remember that you are on a mountain bike, and consider a mule muffin a technical trail feature. End of sermon.

dualfisted

I hear ya brotha Frank!!!! Like I said, smilin' on the outside. I don't know what issues you guys have had up here. I was a bit spoiled in North Georgia, my local trail was mtb and hiker only,,,,, and my weekend rides never, EVER had an equestrian on the trail....... spoiled indeed. I'm just a pain in the arse, and like to talk a little trash here and there. I think my sarcasm was of a detectable nature....... Peace out cub scout.

Frank

Sasquatch
it's all good

Just a bit o' history my friend that' s all. I'll tell ya more when we ride .:)

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
I always get pissed on the inside when I run over horse shiz, you arent alone TJ. I do dig where frank is coming from, and pass the story along every chance I get, outwardly sticking up for the horse peeps. I kind of like the smell of the poop honestly, I would take that over diesel exhaust on the road any day. I hate when it gets in my fork crown though. Another excellent reason to ride rigid at Allaire.

Last edited:

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Technical Poop

I perfected my bunny hopping over shite @ Huber, and even though I don't like the post holes, I accept that equestrians are as valid a user group as any one else. You can't have everything, besides, where would you put it all?

Top Bottom