Great places for a quick trip?

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Thunder Mountain (Berkshire East, Mass) and Highland (NH) are destination lift parks with probably XC trails nearby.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Tagged you in another thread for more info on LP/Wilmington, with Whiteface DH as your lift-access day.

Also thought about:

Ascutney
Killington
Green Mountain or anywhere VT

Have you ever ridden Ascutney? I loved the trails up there.

roc

Tagged you in another thread for more info on LP/Wilmington, with Whiteface DH as your lift-access day.

Also thought about:

Ascutney
Killington
Green Mountain or anywhere VT

Have you ever ridden Ascutney? I loved the trails up there.
Went to mountain creek today staying up here with a couple of buddies. Pedaling somewhere tommorow. Maybe Mooch or Mahlon, ringwood.
Creek is not my thing. I like rocky cross country or flowy. Not death defying technical.

thegock

Pittsfield
Thunder Mountain
Plus 1 - IDK the area enough

The "+1" would be Beebe Hill State Forest, just across the NY border in Austerlitz.

@ the top of Honolulu, which is the Pittsfield main vein up from the Lulu Beach Cascade parking lot #rfn

MVIMG_20190913_124943-01.jpeg

oobaa47

Went to mountain creek today staying up here with a couple of buddies. Pedaling somewhere tommorow. Maybe Mooch or Mahlon, ringwood.
Creek is not my thing. I like rocky cross country or flowy. Not death defying technical.
Which trails did you hit? There's some flow trails there and they really tamed some of the single black diamonds (they turned then into blues). The only super gnarly trails are the double blacks......

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
The "+1" would be Beebe Hill State Forest, just across the NY border in Austerlitz.

@ the top of Honolulu, which is the Pittsfield main vein up from the Lulu Beach Cascade parking lot #rfn

View attachment 105322
If you ride Beebe I suggest riding everything on Trailforks east of route 5 if you can. If you can fit the trails on the west side the Horse trail was recently re-done and is really fun, albeit a steep climb to get to it from the fog hill lot.

roc

Which trails did you hit? There's some flow trails there and they really tamed some of the single black diamonds (they turned then into blues). The only super gnarly trails are the double blacks......
Ego trip, greenhorn, outlaw, breakout, domboo, alpine, asylum and bluephoria.
Bluephoria was no blue trail!, it was insane, so was asylum. The other trails were great until about midway down. They weee really fun until then, but the bottom, I’m just riding my brakes, not really have fun, just kind of making it down.
I didn’t even think about any black diamond trails, somehow, we would up on asylum, and that was no joke. Big super steep rock slabs into steep loose turns, not fun for me, but hey, maybe I’m a wimp. I’ll take a long pedal at mooch over creek most days. I’ll probably go again in the next 5 years. I’ve been there 3 times in the last 15.

dusaken

Raystown Lake in Pennsylvania is a truly unique place! I've been there a couple of times, and every time I visit that place, I get goosebumps! It's magical. The trails are not that tough, and even an amateur could pass it. However, the views and the length of the track are the reasons to visit that place. You can check the timetables on https://www.dbfahrplan.com/de/ and see if you have any trains going there. That's how I did it, and it's totally worth it! Going by train you'll also get to enjoy the road and the incredible views.

Last edited:
Top Bottom