Great Conditions

D

DANSPANK

I was out here yesterday on a borrowed CDale Caffeine geared F29 (Thanks Jay!). The conditions were perfect. On a few wet spots and these were mostly along the yellow trail. The rest of the trails were in perfect condition, excellent traction and the perfect testing ground for my loaner.

The weather was great, the trails were empty, no bugs - fantastic. The only issue was brush being overgrown and I got whipped and scraped pretty well, especially along the forearms and elbows - but you need at least a few signs that you've been out in the woods so no probs there. Lewis Morris today!

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I was out here yesterday on a borrowed CDale Caffeine geared F29 (Thanks Jay!). The conditions were perfect. On a few wet spots and these were mostly along the yellow trail. The rest of the trails were in perfect condition, excellent traction and the perfect testing ground for my loaner.

The weather was great, the trails were empty, no bugs - fantastic. The only issue was brush being overgrown and I got whipped and scraped pretty well, especially along the forearms and elbows - but you need at least a few signs that you've been out in the woods so no probs there. Lewis Morris today!

What did you think of the BIG wheels??

j

D

DANSPANK

Jay, I'll send you an email on Monday after I've done a familiar loop today. It's a great rig though, for sure!

Brad, this is a great place to go if you like darting between trees and pulling the bike around berms and things. Very twisty, smooth, tree cover from the sun (but didn't seem to affect my gps). It's a good out n back. I don't think the trails are particularly well marked but then you don't seem to get too many off shoots anyway. Once you get deeper into the trail (Over the first road - I think it's Middlebush) then you come across blue, and yellow trail markers that take you to then end. The yellow trail loosely follows a river but was a little wet yesterday so perhaps avoid that after rains. The blue was fine.

Certain sections feel like a kind of wooded pump track with quick ups and downs and little berms to help you maintain speed around the corners. It's pretty fast considering most of it is very twisty. I got 17 miles out of it yesterday:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/3167251

Take the parkway down there and it's a nice drive too!

D

DANSPANK

Oh, and there's a seesaw, skinnies, and lots and lots of log rollers to go for. Some of the log rollers are a few feet high, and a couple of the wider skinnies cross ditches and streams at about 3ft high too. So if you've got the stones, go for it!!

(PS: Jay, I only attempted the smaller stuff on the bike you loaned me - don't worry!)

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
i really need to follow someone through this trail, i can never find my way around!

D

DANSPANK

I've only ridden there twice. I've never felt lost. I just take any and all trails that lead into the woods. If I come out into one of the fields then I ride along the edge until the next trail heads in, then in I go!

anrothar

entirely thrilled
is that monster log crossing still there? it's about handlebar height if i remember correctly? i wanna get back down there and try that with the new bike.

D

DANSPANK

There are a couple aren't there? One's over a stream and the other is over a ditch. I rode over the less high of the two but was so focused on not endoing that I don't remember what was underneath.

I also saw a monster fallen tree that someone had built a ramp up to so that you could ride its trunk. Gave that a miss on the borrowed bike too.

D

DANSPANK

Oh, right near the start? Yeah, I did that one with a bit of a run-up and a huck - cleared it as well!

walter

Fourth Party
I believe Sean is referring to the one, well I dont want to say where, but not the one right in the beginning. Sean, the one big one you guys were screwing around on, right? Its still there.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
Once i get back from vacation (the 14th) I really need a tour of this place :p

lancerracer

I rode at 6 mile for the first time yesterday...It was only for about an hour, and I took the wrong trail a bunch of times, but the trails were awsome...I will definitely being riding there a lot more.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions