gravity series @diablo...

grumner80

is anyone going to the next gravity series race, either to watch or rider, next weekend 7/11 - 7/12? i'm planning on entering the race but i want to go to the park first to get a taste of what i'm going to encounter.

mtn

I'll be there to spectate. I think I am gonna go for a ride there tuesday or wednesday.

ezl_oo

grumner80, mtnbiker49, and downhillR3 do you guys want to meet up on Sunday on Diablo? As I'm always down to meet new people and go for a ride. We can exchange #'s in PM.

grumner80

I'll be there to spectate. I think I am gonna go for a ride there tuesday or wednesday.

hey, i was thinking of going up there either tomorrow or wed to ride, just to try to get more fimiliar with the style of downhill riding, so that i'm not jumping into it full force on race day; what time do you usually get there by?

grumner80

. . . . . and btw, i'll deffinately be willing to meet up with whoever during the race days, so if you guys want to meet there i'm down.

DownhillR3

Just to let you know. If this race is going to be your first one/ especially if your new to Downhill. The course isn't exactly, "rider friendly." Freshly cut trail with 2 nice chutes, that if it becomes damp, all hell will break loose & will make for some good entertainment.

mtn

hey, i was thinking of going up there either tomorrow or wed to ride, just to try to get more fimiliar with the style of downhill riding, so that i'm not jumping into it full force on race day; what time do you usually get there by?

It will be my first time tomorrow, so I'll be there when they open. Grumner80, just let me know if you want to meet up. Thanks

Also, PM sent

grumner80

It will be my first time tomorrow, so I'll be there when they open. Grumner80, just let me know if you want to meet up. Thanks

Also, PM sent

hey, i got the PM, and i already went today, sorry, but yea i went by myself, and since i only have a xc bike i dont think i'm going to be competing in the downhill race, but i'm still going to do the indy cross race on sunday though.

grumner80

Just to let you know. If this race is going to be your first one/ especially if your new to Downhill. The course isn't exactly, "rider friendly." Freshly cut trail with 2 nice chutes, that if it becomes damp, all hell will break loose & will make for some good entertainment.

hey, i've been on some of the rockier trails that are to the left of the top of the lift; but the problem is that i have an fs xc bike and everyone was telling me that they were suprised it was even holding up on the trails, so i'm debating on whether or not to still enter the downhill race; i know i can rent a bike, but i think that's another 90+ dollars added to the $55 entry fee, so that would just add up to be too much.

DownhillR3

hey, i've been on some of the rockier trails that are to the left of the top of the lift; but the problem is that i have an fs xc bike and everyone was telling me that they were suprised it was even holding up on the trails, so i'm debating on whether or not to still enter the downhill race; i know i can rent a bike, but i think that's another 90+ dollars added to the $55 entry fee, so that would just add up to be too much.

If I were you, save your cash on the entry fee. Rent or buy a DH bike & learn to ride the trails without being held back by your full suspension cross-country bike.

Top Bottom