Grass Jump in Randolph anyone?

Lemme know if you want to hit a grass jump in the western end of Randolph? Just off of route 10. It's a down, down, up over a 6 ft. table top to a long down. I'm guessin that the long down will make the landing as big as you want it to be. Not a big kicking launch ramp, pretty smooth transition looking about 2 feet or so. I haven't tried it yet. Take some pictures or something.

T

Timekiller

Where about off of rt.10? I work in ledgewood, this may be a sweet place to go after work.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Timekiller said:
Where about off of rt.10? I work in ledgewood, this may be a sweet place to go after work.

what he said. i'm about 5 miles from "western end of randolph, off of rte 10".

Well then.... Let's go!!!

10 east from Ledgewood
Sussex Turnpike
Right onto Park Road
1st right into industrial complex
The "jump" is on the left. I think it's part of a drainage thing.

Take a look. I'm going to try it..

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stratocaster said:
10 east from Ledgewood
Sussex Turnpike
Right onto Park Road
1st right into industrial complex
The "jump" is on the left. I think it's part of a drainage thing.

Take a look. I'm going to try it..

i'm gonna try to check it out tomorrow. i kinda had a feeling you were taking about that area.

T

Timekiller

Sweet, Im gonna have a look tonight. Prob. won't be long before there are "No trespassing" signs up, haha. :(

T

Timekiller

Wow... that whole area looks like an awesome "urban" terrain. I'm prob. going to hit it up next week. Lots of little jumps, curbs, loading ramps, ect. When I went up last night (unfortunately didn't have my bike) there were 2 people skateboarding, so I guess they are ok with people hanging out there.

Ill take some pics, and Ill let you guys know when I'm going up if you wanna meet up. :cool:

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Timekiller said:
Wow... that whole area looks like an awesome "urban" terrain. I'm prob. going to hit it up next week. Lots of little jumps, curbs, loading ramps, ect. When I went up last night (unfortunately didn't have my bike) there were 2 people skateboarding, so I guess they are ok with people hanging out there.

Ill take some pics, and Ill let you guys know when I'm going up if you wanna meet up. :cool:

it will be ok until 2 becomes 10.

Durban Ave. School

Ryan, I've been through there on my dirt bike years ago... What kind of stuff is in there now? I know it's a pretty good size chunk of wood. Have you ever heard of the A-hole in hopatcong. Behind the high school I think. The skate park is also some good fun..

T

Timekiller

Stratocaster said:
Ryan, I've been through there on my dirt bike years ago... What kind of stuff is in there now? I know it's a pretty good size chunk of wood. Have you ever heard of the A-hole in hopatcong. Behind the high school I think. The skate park is also some good fun..

The whole area @ Schindler Elavators is a HUGE indus. complex. Its all warehouses for places like Rockaway bedding and such...

The A-Hole in hopatcong??? I am assuming you mean the trail network that leads between Hop. High, the middle school, and the civic center?

And yea, I've been meaning to make it to the skatepark.

I live in Hopatcong, and grad. Hop high a few years ago :D

Hit it today

I gave it a bunch of passes and it's pretty cool. It would be nice if it had a packed path and a little more scoop to the ramp face. More of an out jump than up. I'm not sure where the best ramp face is as it's gotta be at least 75 feet wide. I did pick the side closer to the pavement out so I could ride up to the top. I'll go back again.

Top Bottom