Gps

lou_b_83

I am looking to get a GPS for my bike. I don't need a heart rate monitor. It needs to be tuff because I like to fall in the mud/rocks..:D . HELP!!

Sircrashalot

Garmin Edge 305 GPS $180
www.HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com Prices Start at $180.00 with $75 Mail In Rebate for Garmin Edge 305

You can get with or without the HR monitor. Have it, love it, can upload everything to motionbased.com, I dont work for Garmin, I AM sircrashalot and havent brokenit yet including 4 or 5 wrecks yesterday getting used to clipless pedals.

walter

Fourth Party
I think the majority of us here with GPS's are using either the Garmin 205 or the 305. And like the above stated, a great piece of equipment. I just wish my daughter would stop stealing it from me.

Wobbegong

Garmin Edge 305 GPS $180
www.HeartRateMonitorsUSA.com Prices Start at $180.00 with $75 Mail In Rebate for Garmin Edge 305

You can get with or without the HR monitor. Have it, love it, can upload everything to motionbased.com, I dont work for Garmin, I AM sircrashalot and havent brokenit yet including 4 or 5 wrecks yesterday getting used to clipless pedals.

I was witness to at least 4 of said crashes yesterday, sircrash doesn't lie!!:D

pinkshirtphotos

i have a garmin venture cx pretty nice.... ill be damned if i can figure out how to upload the junk to my computer thoe :hmmm:

ArmyOfNone

I think the majority of us here with GPS's are using either the Garmin 205 or the 305. And like the above stated, a great piece of equipment. I just wish my daughter would stop stealing it from me.

Tell her if she is gonna steal it to at least put it on her bike and ride. HA! Id like to see that on motionbased.

BadLine

Garmin 205 or 305 is the way to go. The are very similar except the 205 is not heart rate or cadence compatible and does not do barometric pressure, which is big. I know you are not interested in heart rate or probably cadence, but I would spend the extra money get the 305 for altitude gain and forecasting alone.

lou_b_83

I was looking at the 205 but it sounds like I should get the 305. Thanks everyone for your help. I promise I will post my rides. Thanks again.:rofl:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you don't need HR, why bother with the 305? You're just paying more for something you won't use.

walter

Fourth Party
If you don't need HR, why bother with the 305? You're just paying more for something you won't use.

Exactly, I use my gps for ride data only, miles, elevation, time, etc.. Unless you are using it as a training tool and find the HRM a necessity, the 205 will do you fine.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Exactly, I use my gps for ride data only, miles, elevation, time, etc.. Unless you are using it as a training tool and find the HRM a necessity, the 205 will do you fine.

Second that, I just got the 205 and it is sweeeeeeeeeeeet

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wow, that is so cheap it's crazy.

just for reference, i have the 305 and have used the HR monitor ONCE. it told me i was going to die (based on my max HR) and i decided that i didn't need it anymore. i don't need some damn machine to tell me that i feel like death.

Top Bottom