with pic.

Picture map.

Attachments

• Stephens Festival Loop ride 8 10 08 resize.jpg
    Stephens Festival Loop ride 8 10 08 resize.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 381

idbrian

Crotch Rot
That one minus the mountain looks great. I love rides that are about 10 miles. What kind of riding is this like. Singletrack? Like Allamuchy North? Would it be more or less climbing than an average Mooch North ride?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
That one minus the mountain looks great. I love rides that are about 10 miles. What kind of riding is this like. Singletrack? Like Allamuchy North? Would it be more or less climbing than an average Mooch North ride?

lots of sweet twisty singletrack for your enjoyment with very little tech and 1 long but very doable climb, but this is where pay off is, going down puts a hard to wipe off smile on your mug...oh yeah!!!! can't wait to leave this over rated work crap and ride there today!!

Bob W

JORBA: Allamuchy
JORBA.ORG
Pleanty of Tech...

All you have to do is scratch the surface and explore a bit. there are lot of tech trail in that section. Several cool downhills with basketball size rocks, trails with baby heads everywhere.

Takedown

Thanks Stratocaster, I have been going to Kittatinny which is good but sometimes loading up the bikes, gathering the gear and taking the drive up there takes away to much time away from actual ride time. Today I and some of my sons friends were going to go up to Kittatinny but we were one person and one bike to many for my truck so I was about to scratch the trip when I remembered one of your trail maps. The trail was the red one that goes along the most eastern part of Stephen State park and I figured there would be a trailhead along the trail you out lined. We rode the less than two miles to where I thought a trail head would be according to your map and there to my delight was a trailhead. We rode through several trails getting lost and eventually finding our way out on ITC road, they didn't want to go back in to the park so we rode the roads to the nearest pizza place. :) It was a great experience, thank you again Stratocaster.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I was very impressed with this park when I rode it on Sunday. Webber lead us around and I think we missed a bit as we were combining all the parks together for a uber ride.

I would like to come back again and hit it on the 29er hardtail for sure.

So much fun.

Thanks for the TM here. It looks like much of it could get overgrown very easily.

There is one jump here that scared the crap out of me because I didn't expect it. It had a nice kicker with a big dropoff on the back side. Nice.

J_

J-Dro

There is one jump here that scared the crap out of me because I didn't expect it. It had a nice kicker with a big dropoff on the back side. Nice.

J_

Yeah that jump really sneaks up on you. I was in mid-air before I knew what hit me.

Takedown

I can't believe this MTB heaven exist in my back yard. I think I like it better then Kittatinny. I did notice a white trail marker and attempted to follow it but we kept losing the trail marker. I need to get some sort of GPS device and see if I can figure out these trails because at one point I thought we were following a trail and we came across a family in their backyard just relaxing and enjoying the weather. They were real cool about it and pointed us in the right direction. Maybe all the local MTBers need to get together and figure out how to maintane what seems to be an untouched MTB Nirvana :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions