GPS recomendation

K

ks9mm

HI Again...

what GPS do you guys recomend? Looks like most everybody uses Garmin 305... is that because there are not too many options??

can I download routes in the 305? Garmin does not mention such ability.

Thanks!!!!

walter

Fourth Party
Depending on what bells and whistles you want, most of us are using the 205 or the 305. The 305 has a heart rate monitor and a cadence thing, other than that, I think they are the same. Awesome gadget, alot of cool functions. I only use mine for ride data as I am nowhere near being a gadget geek, but I am sure folks will chime in with all its features.

Nimrod

Garmin recently introduced their next generation toys a couple of weeks ago.

The new 705 is specificly designed for cyclists.

I'm gonna put some pressure on Santa for one:rolleyes:

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i use and love the 305, but it's nearly useless for figuring out where you are. the 605 and 705 should solve that, since you can upload actual maps. the 205/305 let you upload routes and courses, and as you are following the course, will beep if you go off course. the cadence feature is useless in the trails. the heart rate feature is great if you're training, but completely unnecessary for your average rider.

SpartaBard

If you want to know where you are, and like making pretty maps check out the Delorme PN-20 which comes with TopoUSA. You can upload or download all trail data. What you will not get though, is the MotionBased stuff. I believe you need to go with a Garmin for that.

Nimrod

i use and love the 305, but it's nearly useless for figuring out where you are. the 605 and 705 should solve that, since you can upload actual maps. the 205/305 let you upload routes and courses,

I get lost when my wife sends me out for milk for the children. My sense of direction is terriable. Hopefully the 705 will solve that issue.

K

ks9mm

decisions decisions....

i can get refurbushed Garmin 305 for $220 now...

705 looks neat... but I dont really care about the map... i just want to be able to find my way back to the car...

Top Bottom